SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
MONACO _ Côte d'Azur
16,657 Posts
Love this style of photography! Down at street level! A lot more of the same would be well appreciated. :D

·
since 2008
651 Posts
Sao Paulo looks nice from this perspective. :cheers:

·
Mariano
1,962 Posts
Hey mary, aren't you tired of always posting the same kind of pics on every thread you make???

Those supposedly cool people together on that tiny part of the city... I mean, nothing against Sao Paulo as a whole... but i just think these threads don't make justice to such a great city...

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
LA???? no, not really but is NICE!

I know that yo want to show the pretty face of your hometown but let show other faces from the city.

PD: REally good pic the one with the old couple in front Mont Blanc!!!

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
^^..nice pics mary....and yes...brazilians are hot.. :)

·
Registered
824 Posts
I mean, nothing against Sao Paulo as a whole... but i just think these threads don't make justice to such a great city...
WTF?! Have you ever been to Sao Paulo? I bet no yet, right? Ttake a little visit before posting what you posted, ok?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
^^I actually kind of agree with Ian, I mean a city like Sao Paulo isn't great because of its rich and beautiful people. So then what does do justice to Sao Paulo?? Since you live there, why don't you take pics and show us instead of being so defensive?:dunno: Why is that every thread about anything Brazilian always shows either the 'perfect' rich areas with all the beautiful people or the shitty favelas? Showing just the rich parts of Brazil is boring because you know what, they look and dress and act exactly like rich people from Europe, N America, etc. I want to see more of Brazil than what I constantly get from Maria's threads, no offense, it just gets old after awhile

·
Registered Abuser
532 Posts
^^I actually kind of agree with Ian, I mean a city like Sao Paulo isn't great because of its rich and beautiful people. So then what does do justice to Sao Paulo?? Since you live there, why don't you take pics and show us instead of being so defensive?:dunno: Why is that every thread about anything Brazilian always shows either the 'perfect' rich areas with all the beautiful people or the shitty favelas? Showing just the rich parts of Brazil is boring because you know what, they look and dress and act exactly like rich people from Europe, N America, etc. I want to see more of Brazil than what I constantly get from Maria's threads, no offense, it just gets old after awhile
I agree with you in a way here. I don't have a problem with anyone posting pictures of a developed part of a city because sometimes it is done to change that misconception that some people have about a place, especially with Latin American countries. Surprisingly some people up to these days still believe that Latin America is all dirt poor and without any decent infrastructure.
What gets to me are the flamboyant titles like the one used above. I think Sao Paulo looks freaking amazing and it is high on my travelling list, I would actually visit Sao Paulo first before going to some of those awesome Brazilian beaches, but you just can't use those titles and expect nobody to say anything, it is bound to happen and I think we can all agree here that some people, especially those from cities like Buenos Aires or Mexico City would disagree with the title, call it a biased opinion if you want but it is bound to happen.

·
La fortune de l'Europe
3,546 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Yes, ok, that's your opinion, I respect but what you don't seem to understand is that São Paulo is a rich city and that's not the only rich part in the city like Ian said "only a little piece of the city". What affects me as a brazilian, inhabitant of Sao Paulo Brasil is when a foreigner imagine the country and quickly associate it with favelas from Rio de Janeiro before visiting. We don't hide the reality like some other latin countries do, but we're tired of being associated with poverty. The country has economical problems, yes, it has, but there is also life quality, it has a lot of rich and unknown History. In the past Sao Paulo was even more elitist, like 80% more elitist than nowadays, what is being depicted is the reality. It look like people want to see poverty eternally in Brasil in order to boast themselves, "Ohh I live in a rich country, look how poor they are..poor them....ohhhh". Why nobody talks about poverty in Argentina? They don't show it, and everyone applause Argentina and think they're very "european"! Huh!

1 - 20 of 94 Posts