Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Hajrá Magyarország!
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It was a great spring day yesterday and I decided to take some photos and start a new thread with the aim of showing typical streets of my city. If you want to post similar pictures please bear in mind that this thread is not about well-known sights and streets, but rather average or less popular streets and buildings that characterize your city.

Here are some less known parts of downtown Budapest:

·
The downtown droid
3,165 Posts
^^ Lovely streets and charming squares. Thanks for the great photos. This was a great collection of pedestrian-only streets in Budapest. We could carry on listing all the walking streets.

"start a new threat" :lol: Am I supposed to worry now? I may want to replace the end 't' with 'd'. ;)

·
Banned
2,580 Posts
few weeks ago I added some new random street pictures from Liberec in it's own thread:) I don't know if they are typical, but they hove some charm.. :) Budapestian streets have some magic too.

·
The downtown droid
3,165 Posts
^^ You could post them here too. Streets of Liberec must be shown here too, I admire them. And as Kontur pointed out above we should concentrate especially on not so well-known places but the hidden charm, you know.

·
Regisztrált felhasználó
2,101 Posts
Very nice pics, Kontúr! :eek:kay:
A few days ago I had some business to do in Múzeum street, and I was really surprised by the streets of that part of VIII district (Mikszáth sq, the street where the Károli Gáspár Calvinist University is (where the first few of your pics were taken) and the square behind the National Museum. :cheers:

·
Registered
9,643 Posts
I guess,although not pics,this is prefect for here: A time-lapse video about driving in the outskirts of Budapest!
Here is the description for it:
"This is a Time Lapse Drive video in Budapest (Hungary) across districts 14, 15, 16 and 17 with some stopover. I made this video with a webcam-notebook combo.
I used three different kinds of time lapse to speed the scenes up. 8x speed in the slow turns, 16x in the straighter parts and 32x in the jams was applied. That's how a 2-hour journey fit into 6 minutes to remain enjoyable, too."
Enjoy!

·
Registered
9,643 Posts
Wow! Good video, although I must drink some pálinka to recognize everything. But great work RawLee!
Its not mine,I just found it on youtube...I managed to recognise the Hungária,M3 motorway and Thököly road.

·
Germano-Hungarian
2,752 Posts
Congrats for the thread and the pictures Kontúr! One of the best collection of Budapest's less-known downtown parts I ever saw.
I was thinking about posting a row of similar pictures of Fehérvár but as the Székesfehérvár Cityscape and Development thread is coming soon I think I keep them for that:)
But I will definitely post a link here as well.

Please post a map about where these pics were taken, I wanna see them live!

·
Hajrá Magyarország!
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Congrats for the thread and the pictures Kontúr! One of the best collection of Budapest's less-known downtown parts I ever saw.
I was thinking about posting a row of similar pictures of Fehérvár but as the Székesfehérvár Cityscape and Development thread is coming soon I think I keep them for that:)
But I will definitely post a link here as well.

Please post a map about where these pics were taken, I wanna see them live!
Sieg, you should post some Székesfehérvár dowtown photos here. Fehérvár has some charming streets as well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts