SkyscraperCity banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had mentioned in an earlier thread that we should have a photo thread dedicated to Miami's street life (my inspiration being the Tel Aviv street life thread found in the photos forum).

I'll be out of Miami for the next three months, so I can't take the photos myself, but I came across these photos on flickr. They are all from ipanemic's South Beach Set collection, which you can find here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipanemic/sets/72157603551391933/. You can see all his photos from that collection at that link, but hopefully, little by little I will post the majority of them here along with photos by other photographers that I find, and possibly...hopefully...some photos that I take myself when I return.

ipanemic is a gifted photographer, I think, and he takes tons of photos of Miami. He seems to focus less on "street life" per se and more on just people on the street, if there is a difference. I tried to select the photos that were of something more than just a single beautiful girl on the beach, but inevitably some of those made it into this thread anyhow.

Also, I found the size of the photos to be either slightly too big or slightly too small, so I opted for the bigger version. If the size gets annoying, speak up. And finally, please feel free to add your own photos here. Miami's streets are not always packed, but there are a lot of interesting characters in this town, so I'm sure there are plenty of subjects out there to keep this thread thriving if it turns out to be a good idea.

Okay, now here are the photos.

Take note at how all three guys in the photo below are checking out that girl

And finally, I give you: The Dogs of Lincoln Road! (Dogs heavier than 15 pounds no se permiten)

·
Banned
1,774 Posts
We really needed something like this.:banana:\

The good thing is that in here we are not goingt to have naked people or travesties all over the pics as the ones you find on the Tel Aviv threads.:lol:

·
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The good thing is that in here we are not goingt to have naked people or travesties all over the pics as the ones you find on the Tel Aviv threads.:lol:
Haha, you underestimate Miami. I actually didn't realize it when I posted the thread, but I just noticed that there is already one picture where you can see up a girl's skirt. Can anybody find it?

·
Banned
1,774 Posts
Haha, you underestimate Miami. I actually didn't realize it when I posted the thread, but I just noticed that there is already one picture where you can see up a girl's skirt. Can anybody find it?
I know we have people like that in here but, as opposed to the sex-liking and perverted thread of Israel, we can not post pic of naked people.:banana:

·
Savior of Gondor
1,505 Posts
Awesome pictures lol, but is that girl on the right in the sand volleyball picture wearing heels in the sand??? Nice thread, keep it up.

·
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^^ Good catch. I believe she is. One of this photographer's favorite subjects is girls who are wearing heels at the most inopportune times. Another is guys checking out girls, as I've already pointed out.

Don't worry, I will keep this thread as clean as possible. That first one was an accident. I will screen the photos better this time. I suppose it is unfortunate that most of Miami's interesting street life takes place on the beach where people can get away with wearing just about nothing. I'll search for photographers who shoot in other parts of the city...not that people don't dress scandalously everywhere in Miami (I still remember the days when girls would show up to class at FIU in back-less tops and mini-skirts. It's improved somewhat, but you still see it from time to time.)

·
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here’s another set from the same photographer, ipanemic: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipanemic/sets/72157603551391933/

This guy on the bike is ALWAYS on South Beach. I see him all the time. He blasts all kinds of southern and classic rock from his speakers. He’s really tiny too. That’s about all I know about him.

More Lincoln Rd. Dogs

And finally, I had to keep this photo in its original size because the dog is THAT SMALL. You probably wouldn’t even notice the dog if the picture was any smaller. C’mon, people. Pretty soon we’re gonna see people walking hamsters on SoBe.

·
Savior of Gondor
1,505 Posts
I agree with the guys, I love this thread.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Thanks...great pics all around. Nice to see some street life and the people of Miami showcased in photos.

·
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The best Miami street photographer is Miami Fever:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fodder/
Yeah, Miami Fever is an all-star. Maybe we can post some from his collection here sometime.

I'll give our photographer, ipanemic a break for a while, even though he's still got a ton of great shots that I haven't posted.

Here are some photos I collected from various photographers at the flickr group “South Beach, FLORIDA – Invite your Contacts.” I don't think they're quite as good, but it's a change and I hope you enjoy them. The photographers' names can be found below each photo.

by alexdecarvalho

A favorite South Beach past time!

by Ricardo Carreon

by Pamela McCreight

by linnette alissa.

by carolwebbe

by The Travel Slut

by diego apud

by diego apud

by liv4day

by CTPEKO3A

1 - 20 of 62 Posts