Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Race

Votes: 3 16.7%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this would be an interesting topic for a Multiculltural Forum...I will make this thread in skybar also in order to see general differences of oppinion in Middle East and Around the World in general.

PLease Vote!!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good point gilgamesh but I was thinking in real/current terms of the overall most uniting factor in this world. Why some people feel a stronger relation to some more than others.

I should have ended the question with "...In todays World."

·
Prince of Persia
1,928 Posts
culture/heritage.

·
----
362 Posts
Well I think Its a mixture of the above even though since we are in the globalization era It is fair to say those are more a dividing factor than anything else...

·
Prince of Persia
1,928 Posts
rase is also a good one but i think that rase comes together with culture and haritage. So my opinion is Rase, Culture and Heritage.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im surprised no one voted for language....I mean if u loook at the Arab World cultures and heritage differ from country to country but we feel a sense of unity through language..

I mean I guess thats what defines an Arab Country right.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
shayan said:
rase is also a good one but i think that rase comes together with culture and haritage. So my opinion is Rase, Culture and Heritage.
IN iran dont you have llike quite a variety of races all under the 'persian' label...I may be wrong but dont u think its more language than culture that defines one to be 'persian'.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Skyline-BRN said:
Im surprised no one voted for language....I mean if u loook at the Arab World cultures and heritage differ from country to country but we feel a sense of unity through language..

I mean I guess thats what defines an Arab Country right.
Yes, that's why the Republic of the Comoros joined the Arab League as its population speak Arabic in addition to Shikomor & French

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
smussuw said:
^^ for me language comes after religion.
yeah same here because if you really look at it...all the other categories are GENERALLY confined to borders....whereas religion generally transcends borders. So yeah on a global scale I would say Religion>Language>Culture/Heritage>Race.

·
Prince of Persia
1,928 Posts
Skyline-BRN said:
IN iran dont you have llike quite a variety of races all under the 'persian' label...I may be wrong but dont u think its more language than culture that defines one to be 'persian'.
Nope Iran has a lot of Iranic people and a minority of arabs (2%)
Iranic people are
Persians
Azeries
Lors
Kurds
Mazandarani, Gilaki
Baluchies
And a lot more (these are all people who are part of the Iranian empire Iran is a etnicly diverse country from its start)
What bounds us is the Iranian culture which is for example Norouz traditions (the zaratustra principles good deeds good thoughts good words)
There is no thing like persian culture its all Iranian culture. :)

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ahh i see, so iranian does not necessarily mean persian....and persian does not necessarily mean iranian....for example we actually have persian bahrainis but they are not necessarily primarily considerred iranian.

·
2,670 Posts
shayan said:
Nope Iran has a lot of Iranic people and a minority of arabs (2%)
Iranic people are
Persians
Azeries
Lors
Kurds
Mazandarani, Gilaki
Baluchies
And a lot more (these are all people who are part of the Iranian empire Iran is a etnicly diverse country from its start)
What bounds us is the Iranian culture which is for example Norouz traditions (the zaratustra principles good deeds good thoughts good words)
There is no thing like persian culture its all Iranian culture. :)
This is wrong on many accounts. :sleepy:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts