Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Proud Torontonian
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given the differences in beliefs and values of suburbanites and city-dwellers not only in this forum but away from it, would it be appropriate to institute a 'Suburban Issues Forum?'

·
Registered
物の哀れ
27,065 Posts
Given the differences in beliefs and values of suburbanites and city-dwellers not only in this forum but away from it, would it be appropriate to institute a 'Suburban Issues Forum?'
seems to be suburbs are one of the most discussed topics on this part of SSC

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
A bit north american centric topic isn't it?
The definition of a suburb and it's impact on the collective mind vary greatly from place to place.

·
Proud Torontonian
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A bit north american centric topic isn't it?
The definition of a suburb and it's impact on the collective mind vary greatly from place to place.
Well then why not discuss these differences? Or if it really is North American centric, then keep it specific to the North American forums. But I don't see why you need to do that. I think some interesting stuff can come out of compare and contrast discussions between say, a Hong Kong New Town and a New York suburb.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
All suburbs are similar in one way or another, some might be highrises and others might be like track homes, but they´re still suburbs

·
Proud Torontonian
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
suburbs suck.

THE END.
This is why I say we keep them separated. Because people with conservative, 'suburban' values and beliefs tend to clash with the city dwellers a lot of the time.

·
Leicester:NY:London
494 Posts
Suburbs and Citys both have there positives and there negatives.

A new forum wouldnt be a bad idea.
True, but I would say suburbs have more negatives than cities, but that also depends on the city, and also depends on the suburb, there are just so many kinds of both.

·
Proud Torontonian
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
True, but I would say suburbs have more negatives than cities, but that also depends on the city, and also depends on the suburb, there are just so many kinds of both.
Would it not be interesting to contrast and compare suburbs instead of always having to put big cities on the discussion block? I mean really, this forum caters most to city-dwellers. The discussions on this site really do apply to those that live in the city. Suburbanites come to this website because they love big buildings and urbanity, but don't necessarily want to live among the hustle and bustle.

So why not give the suburbanites who are loyal to this site a forum filled with discussions that they can truly relate to?

·
Registered
528 Posts
You have a good point there. I think they should make a Suburban Issues Forum. Theres many members who lived in the cities once, but now live in the suburbs. Or never lived in the city but love the suburbs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts