SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what metro areas have suburban skylines/high-rises.

The Twin Cities has a pretty decent one located in Bloomington and other random buildings spread around the suburbs.

·
Banned
2,164 Posts
To be fair...I wouldn't call Bloomington's smattering of towers a "skyline". They're scattered all over the city.

And that last photo shows the Carlson Towers, which are in Minnetonka, no where near Bloomington.

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Detroit has a few suburban skylines:

Southfield:

A different section of Southfield:

Troy doesn't have as many tall buildings as Southfield, but for a suburban strip, it's not bad:

Dearborn's Fairlane area has a few highrises:

Royal Oak is smaller, but it is probably the most urban, you can see Southfield in the distance:

All images were taken by Clevelumbus and can be viewed here: Above Metro Detroit.

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
Does Sunny Isles Beach count? It's the second largest skyline in Florida, but still just a suburb of Miami.

DSC_0546 by QuantumX, on Flickr

·
Je suis tout à vous
16,520 Posts
How Sunny Isles is the second largest skyline in FL???? Miami Beach is way larger.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To be fair...I wouldn't call Bloomington's smattering of towers a "skyline". They're scattered all over the city.

And that last photo shows the Carlson Towers, which are in Minnetonka, no where near Bloomington.
To be fair... If you read my post is says skylines/high-rises and I said in Bloomington and other suburbs.
Not to be mean or anything but do you always have to start an argument with someone?? Every thread you post on seems to have you arguing with someone.

·
Banned
2,164 Posts
To be fair... If you read my post is says skylines/high-rises and I said in Bloomington and other suburbs.
Not to be mean or anything but do you always have to start an argument with someone?? Every thread you post on seems to have you arguing with someone.
I didn't realize the "and other suburbs" applied to the photos; my apologies.

In any case, the reason that it seems like I'm "always starting an argument" is because you're perturbed and completely ignoring the 90% of my posts which include mundane statements, pleasantries, and observations like "oh boy, it's humid today".

It's kind of like when the toilet paper runs out, and then you get annoyed that you're stuck changing it, and then you remember that you had to change it on time last week, so from your perspective it seems like you're the one who ALWAYS has to change it.

Anyway, sorry again that I misunderstood you.

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
How Sunny Isles is the second largest skyline in FL???? Miami Beach is way larger.
I guess it all depends upon what height range you want to start counting from. Miami Beach has only two buildings over 500 feet tall. Sunny Isles Beach has five at least and probably eight.

·
Je suis tout à vous
16,520 Posts
I guess it all depends upon what height range you want to start counting from. Miami Beach has only two buildings over 500 feet tall. Sunny Isles Beach has five at least and probably eight.
By 'largest' I thought he meant by quantity... Then the right sentence would be the 'tallest'.. .Although I'm not sure if that's true.. I'll need to check on Wikipedia. :lol:

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
By 'largest' I thought he meant by quantity... Then the right sentence would be the 'tallest'.. .Although I'm not sure if that's true.. I'll need to check on Wikipedia. :lol:
I guess Sunny Isles Beach is second tallest then. It's just that there are a lot of buildings in Miami Beach that I don't consider tall enough to be part of the skyline, but a lot of people would, and Miami Beach has a lot of buildings that many people would consider tall enough to be part of its skyline.

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
It's hard to get all of the Miami Beach skyline into one picture, so maybe Corey is right, and Miami Beach has the second largest skyline in Florida after Miami with the number of tall buildings overall. Still, Miami Beach and Sunny Isles Beach are two suburbs of Miami with buildings in their skyline over 500 feet tall.

DSC_0585 by QuantumX, on Flickr

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
Here I tried to get the Miami skyline and its too suburban beach skylines all into one shot, but had too much zoom to frame the photo the way I wanted.

DSC_0564 by QuantumX, on Flickr

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
Actually it would be Sunny Isles connecting to Aventura and then Aventura connecting to Hallandale Beach which makes on big letter "C" shaped skyline (Sunny Isles and Hallandale Beach on the water, Aventura to the west and single family Golden Beach making the hole in the middle.)

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
Actually it would be Sunny Isles connecting to Aventura and then Aventura connecting to Hallandale Beach which makes on big letter "C" shaped skyline (Sunny Isles and Hallandale Beach on the water, Aventura to the west and single family Golden Beach making the hole in the middle.)
Guys, you know I don't have to tell you this! The Miami Beach skyline is one suburban skyline in one suburban city. What you are talking about now are three different suburban skylines in three different suburban cities in two different Florida counties, although they may look like one skyline here. I don't want people who don't live here thinking this is one skyline when it's not.

DSC_0538 by QuantumX, on Flickr

1 - 20 of 30 Posts