SkyscraperCity banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
475 Posts
To be honest with you this project is meaningless

For example take a look at the Turkish sauwkin project and the one in port Sudan near the port

And the on going projects all over Khartoum they will never be completed
Not really... Khartoum has one of the highest values of land/property on the continent. Although halted construction has become synonymous with the city a lot of projects are coming back to life.

As for the project in Suakin I trust Turkish companies. Not sure about which Port Sudan project you're talking about so I can't comment on that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not really... Khartoum has one of the highest values of land/property on the continent. Although halted construction has become synonymous with the city a lot of projects are coming back to life.

As for the project in Suakin I trust Turkish companies. Not sure about which Port Sudan project you're talking about so I can't comment on that.
Yes I was talking about turkish saukin, and another project Egyptian or Qatari in port sudan that's been put to a halt for a couple of years now

·
475 Posts
Yes I was talking about turkish saukin, and another project Egyptian or Qatari in port sudan that's been put to a halt for a couple of years now
Several buildings in Suakin have already been restored and the rest are a work in progress.

I just remembered the Egyptian residential complexes that are on hold but all of Qatari investments (that I know of) in Port Sudan and Suakin are fairly recent.

·
475 Posts
A huge international project in Sudan at a cost of $18 billion

A European Union source reported that there is a proposal for a huge international project for the reconstruction of Sudan at a cost of $ 18 billion.

The source added, according to journalist Menem Suleiman, that the international proposal will be implemented in the event of an agreement between the military council and the forces of the Declaration of Freedom and Change on a transitional civil period that paves the way for a genuine democratic rule in Sudan.

On the other hand, the NTC announced in a statement on Sunday evening (May 19th) that "the negotiation round between the Transitional Military Council and the forces of the Declaration of Freedom and Change in the Republican Palace has now begun."

The Council announced earlier the resumption of negotiations between the Council and the forces of freedom and change, after a break of 3 days, following the suspension of the military council of dialogue as a result of the events that took place in the vicinity of the sit-in last week.​

(source - untranslated)

61 - 71 of 71 Posts