SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been a great week with highs near or over 30c every day in Greater Vancouver! To cool off I went down to the beach, I took these pics to show how this upscale suburb of Vancouver is developing.

The Beach
This beach has some of the warmest ocean water tempatures in Canada because it is so shallow. The famous pier is over half a kilometer.

Typical Streets

California Style Homes
Average Home Price for this area of White Rock is about $1,000,000 these houses are likely worth alot more.

The Strip
Marine Drive (aka. The Strip) runs the entire length of White Rock Beach and is nearly 100% commercial with many resturants, bars, clubs and hotels.

^this is weird looking B&B on the east side of the strip.

·
Ex-mod
7,931 Posts
nice pics!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I love the pics, that's quite an awesome oceanfront area. Ah, to be rich and living in Vancouver...

·
Mr. Haney(Cruz) for Pres.
2,644 Posts
Hey, thanks for the pics. White Rock was a hang out for me last summer. Can't wait to get back in July. Nice part of the country.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Wikkid Pics! White Rock has some nice homes, the Californian style does it for me.

I was down at English Bay today, fucking gourgious...that area of Denman & Davie is fast becomming the place to be in Vancouver. The atmosphere screams California.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Westcoast604 said:
Wikkid Pics! White Rock has some nice homes, the Californian style does it for me.

I was down at English Bay today, fucking gourgious...that area of Denman & Davie is fast becomming the place to be in Vancouver. The atmosphere screams California.

What??? That area has been the place to be for years and years and years. Its not a new hangout by any means.

·
Registered
558 Posts
It's getting more vibrant than it used to be. I know its always been popular but that popularity is growing. Some examples are the large new Starbucks right on the corner which opened in the past year, the Fat Burger just down the street, the growing number of crowds! I never remember it being as busy as it is these days, and the growth of the palms along that strip is starting to gain height, they're no longer short little stubs.

My point was that the area is developing and becomming more vibrant with each passing year, much like Vancouver itself. I've been going to English Bay for 10 years, the growth is very evident.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
White Rock is growing too, alot of low rise condos are being built. I took this pic of the newest development across from the mall, the price range is between $400,000 - $700,000.

Westcoast604, you should take some pics of the Denman/Sun Set Beach and post them. I saw your photo thread of the sun setting there and it looked awsome.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Yeah I plan too...I want to take some good ones during the day, but I forgot to take my camera with me. I was down there friday night too (heh I live in the area so i'm basically always there) and the crowds were as busy as on fireworks nights, it was intense.

I'm going to White Rock next weekend, i'm going to bring my camera along too, and i'll add to this thread ;)

·
Registered
536 Posts
Great Pictures Crazy Joeda! brings back some great memories! :)

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bump

·
Registered
558 Posts

---------------SCROLL------------------------------------------------------>>>

The following were taken in February 2004 - Winter in White Rock!!

·
Registered
695 Posts
^I hate you.

·
38,915 Posts
WOW, that place screams BC, and the BC lifestyle. Stunning vistas, beach, mountains, wealth, health, sun, sophistication.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts