SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Florianopolis, Brazil

The city is in an island near the coast and it is the capital city of the Santa Catarina state.

Pics by forumer Thina.

Downtown and its new condos

Jurere Beach, north part of the island

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
It does look beautiful. It looks very similar to the Sunshine Coast just north of Brisbane (Australia) as its about the same latitude, or looks it from the vegetation. Houses are similar too.

J

·
~ Mysterious Entity ~
4,858 Posts
Very nice! The beaches and shoreline look really ideal.

·
Banned
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It does look beautiful. It looks very similar to the Sunshine Coast just north of Brisbane (Australia) as its about the same latitude, or looks it from the vegetation. Houses are similar too.

J
I´ve always imagined that some coastal cities in Australia looked similar to some places in Brazil. :)

Some surfwear brands such as Quicksilver and Rip Curl are very popular in Florianopolis. I guess they are australians, aren´t they?

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
I´ve always imagined that some coastal cities in Australia looked similar to some places in Brazil. :)

Some surfwear brands such as Quicksilver and Rip Curl are very popular in Florianopolis. I guess they are australians, aren´t they?
Yes - Quicksilver and Rip Curl are both local Queensland Companies I think. I'm a bit into tropical horticulture and palms and from what I can see you guys have exactly the same types of gardens we do here in Australia.

I must go to Brazil one day.

J

1 - 15 of 15 Posts