Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Great work there Goran in getting some shots we don't typically see of Perth. Your photos have been top quality lately.

·
Perth's Beach
3,387 Posts
At first I thought it read Sun + Perth + Hayds = Greatness lol ..I thought you were back together or something:p
Sorry Goran..Nice pics btw:runaway:

·
Registered
77,330 Posts
must be running out of thread names for perth.? lol
ggreat snaps goran.
i never tier of seeing perth. especialy now with cranes and new talls.
but can i say how dead boring the skyline is side on.
sheesh.>>
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3185/2599455837_520e2bdbbb_o.jpg
its like planners didnt want perth to be viewed from east or west?
hopefully new tallies like bhp and others will give it more depth and height or something.
cheers

·
Here
6,589 Posts
sheesh.>>
hopefully new tallies like bhp and others will give it more depth and height or something.
cheers
I seems for a few decades from the late 1970's onwards that was exactly the case. Lego minded, City of Perth council and to blame I am guessing?

Btw nice pics Goran, though the title is a bit hmmm narcissistic? :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
sheesh.>>
Yeees, as one of the founding planners of Perth, in accordance with the "Shit skyline act of 1832", I forbade any type of pleasant skyline from the east or west specifically to bore you senseless Culwulla. I'm of the opinion that I was successful. :cheers:

Seriously, everybody wants a view of the river... Goes without saying?

·
Banned
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I seems for a few decades from the late 1970's onwards that was exactly the case. Lego minded, City of Perth council and to blame I am guessing?

Btw nice pics Goran, though the title is a bit hmmm narcissistic? :)
lol as cul said ... running out of names about perth ...

·
I said love, I said pet
1,715 Posts
Its only on 2nd viewing that I've realised that half the shots of East Perth have South Perth in the foreground. Good work!

·
I said love, I said pet
1,715 Posts
This is how we do 'transport corridor' in WA.

Imagine the freeway stopping at Canning Hwy as it did when i first came to Perth in the early 80's. We've grown so, so much. And imagine building a freeway along 10km of pristine(?) riverfront nowadays. Unthinkable! No wonder the old 'Swan River Drive' road reservation along the river from Burswood thru Maylands, Bayswater and Ashfield to Redcliffe quietly disappeared from the MRS years ago.

·
Registered
689 Posts
This is how we do 'transport corridor' in WA. Imagine the freeway stopping at Canning Hwy as it did when i first came to Perth in the early 80's. We've grown so, so much.
:lol: I remember when I was in Perth on holidays back in 199? (i forget the year late 90's) and the freeway was 110km/hr with stop start 80km zones with progressive stop start traffic lights every 5 or so kms. Kwinana Freeway had all the mounds up and ready but the ramps etc were still either being built or not up at all. I said WTF this aint a freeway.

Next transport corridor should be up towards Bullsbrook I think a railway one though starting from Reid Hwy. But none of this sprawl stuff, some mixed levels of housing/business with parklands would be nice.

·
I said love, I said pet
1,715 Posts
:lol: I remember when I was in Perth on holidays back in 199? (i forget the year late 90's) and the freeway was 110km/hr with stop start 80km zones with progressive stop start traffic lights every 5 or so kms. Kwinana Freeway had all the mounds up and ready but the ramps etc were still either being built or not up at all. I said WTF this aint a freeway.

Yeh the traffic lights from Berrigan Drive to Thomas Road were there for years despite traffic lights going against one crucial element of freeway as we know them. I can, however, understand the reasoning behind this staging - the grade separation interchanges follow when there is enough traffic to warrant them. The same is being done for the Roe/Reid/Tonkin Hwy intersections in due time.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Except they are taking their sweet time with Roe/Reid/Tonkin Hwy's... especially Tonkin at Leach Hwy and Kewdale Road... those intersections needed grade seperation over a decade ago :eek:hno:

·
Registered
77,330 Posts
does everyone agree the city of perth only looks good from the south?
from east its a shocker, same from west, from north ,you fell like your looking at the rear? citys should never have an orientation.eg-bankwest?
all bldgs seem to face south? BHP will face north, which will enhance the skyline.also QV1 faces north but also looks good from south.
whats wrong if they face a bldg east or west.?
anyway rant over.

·
Registered
285 Posts
does everyone agree the city of perth only looks good from the south?
from east its a shocker, same from west, from north ,you fell like your looking at the rear? citys should never have an orientation.eg-bankwest?
all bldgs seem to face south? BHP will face north, which will enhance the skyline.also QV1 faces north but also looks good from south.
whats wrong if they face a bldg east or west.?
anyway rant over.
It's so souvenir shops can sell more postcards... pretty neat huh?

G

·
Like someone pointed out Cull - everyone wants a river view and much to our bemusement, some Perth City Councillors think there is a thing called the St Georges Terrace Ridegline policy which is of course, a load of bollocks.

Well it's good that major projects are getting away from the Terrace finally.

And gee I don't know Cull, it looks ok from this angle:

Photo courtesy Docker.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts