SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Sunday walk through Hannover's green southern part of town

2697 Views 11 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Commissaire Maigret
Finally it's spring and I thought this was a good day to took some pictures of a part of Hannover I rarely go to.

This part of town is rather quiet but still nice. Rents are kinda high though compared to other similar neighbourhoods because the Maschsee (the lake) is close.

Not many people on the streets as this was a sunday and most people were either in the park, their gardens or watching the marathon.

Yummy Döner:

What a beauty.

Downside to living here of course is the lack of parking spaces.

Fell in love with this one. I like green.

I'm so going to buy this one when I win the lottery. :D

Love the green of the tress this time of year. This street end at the lake which makes it a great place to live.

And there is the lake.

The stadium of the greatest football club in the world - Hannover 96.

A solar-powered boat. You can use your metro or bus ticket for this as well. Since I'm a student I can take it for free.

This restaurant is a little bit out of my price-range.

Building is rather ugly but the view is sure nice I guess.

That green again.

Town hall to the right.

Fresh.

Fishing in the river Leine at the Leine-castle.

Thanks for watching. :)
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Wow! Beautiful pics of a beautiful city! I never Hanover was so beautiful and elegant! Thanks for showing these pics.
Very nice! Looks like a pleasant neighbourhood to walk around.
Germans are so civilized, I admire them for it. What a gem.
Germans are so civilized, I admire them for it. What a gem.
lol... thanks

most germans would call Hannover boring though ;)

that fresh green is really the best part of the spring, its the final sign that summer is coming
Boring but superior to many other standards of living in this world.
Wow, nice. Had no idea Hanover is so beautiful. Just knew the train station and the trade fair.
Wow, nice. Had no idea Hanover is so beautiful. Just knew the train station and the trade fair.
me too ... :lol:

Fantastic shots! Hannover is very underrated it seems!
yes, maybe I should check it out
Wow, nice. Had no idea Hanover is so beautiful.
Yes, Hannover really has an image problem.
Imo this city has so many livable and beautiful neighbourhoods, many parks and it's still very dense. I lived in Bremen for a while and I totally don't understand why Hannover always gets such a bad rep.

I guess it's because of the ugly city center because that's what people see when they stop by.

They never make the walk to the great neighbourhoods like Linden, List, Kleefeld, Waldheim where this city really lives and where people are pretty happy and feel lucky to live there.

Also what many people perceive to be boring I perceive as a very realxed attitude. People don't get too excited too much which of course can be both good and bad.
Europeans are the luckiest people in the world. I am so mad that my Opa moved our family to the US. That bastard.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.