1 - 20 of 3742 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Welcome to the forum MakemLad. Some good stuff going on in Sunderland at the moment. Do you have any information about how ARC's plans are progressing?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum MakemLad. Some good stuff going on in Sunderland at the moment. Do you have any information about how ARC's plans are progressing?
Farringdon Way has started now, Holmeside has moved forward as its now looking for developers (http://www.holmeside.com/). Overall i'd say the plans etc are finished now and now its moving on to the developing stage.

Sunniside is definately the area seeing results already though, looking very nice ATM and changing all the time.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another thing about Sunderland ATM - it seems to be doing very well on the business side of things.

Click here

and

Click here

and finally

Click here

If Newcastle can carry on improving and Sunderland the same, then with Metro improvements we can hopefully see a positive, interchanging north east

·
Registered
9,185 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate. Agree about the major North East cities working to improve themselves inorder to improve the region, transport wise as well as in other sectors.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Overall i'd say the plans etc are finished now and now its moving on to the developing stage.
Yes, but how about the biggie - Vaux; is that still caught up in legal battles for the land and if those are sorted is there any signs of developers coming on board?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, but how about the biggie - Vaux; is that still caught up in legal battles for the land and if those are sorted is there any signs of developers coming on board?
Plenty have bidded, selection by 2007 and work starts by 2008 - IF Tesco **** off that is :bash:

·
Registered
9,185 Posts
I saw some plas for the Vaux site in an architecture magazine a while ago when I worked with Ryder, it looked very nice. I think the tallest building was about 70m-80m.

·
dE/dm
2,373 Posts
What happened with the akenside development on st.peters wharf? There were supposed to be 5 individual buildings, but things appear to be on hold after only one was completed. Very disapointing as this would create a great riverside with echo24 on the other side.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Farringdon Way has started now, Holmeside has moved forward as its now looking for developers (http://www.holmeside.com/). Overall i'd say the plans etc are finished now and now its moving on to the developing stage.

Sunniside is definately the area seeing results already though, looking very nice ATM and changing all the time.
Do you mean Farringdon Row, & if so what exactly has been started as from what I can see nothings been done.

Also this is phase 2 of the river quarter

·
Registered
313 Posts
What happened with the akenside development on st.peters wharf? There were supposed to be 5 individual buildings, but things appear to be on hold after only one was completed. Very disapointing as this would create a great riverside with echo24 on the other side.
It was mentioned in one of the councils publications back in Oct/Nov, So I would imagine its still going ahead. At the minute there workmem working on the rail bridge & their hut are located on the site, so I would imagine they might start work once they finished the bridge

·
dE/dm
2,373 Posts
That river quarter thing is just absolutely horrible. What's there at the moment is ugly enough as it is, especially with units being shut down (big lukes now). The developers ought to be thoughoughly ashamed of themselves, especially with the excellent looking echo24 over the road showing how things should be done (echo24 was designed by cleadon based mario minchella).

BTW le chuck, for gods' sake please resize huge pictures like those before posting. Use photobucket as a host.

1 - 20 of 3742 Posts