SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 564 Posts

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It will be built on the current Forge site beside Sunderland Royal Hospital and will include two blocks of student accommodation and a bar.

·
Registered
176 Posts
It will be built on the current Forge site beside Sunderland Royal Hospital and will include two blocks of student accommodation and a bar.
yeah sounds canny from what I read in the echo. It can only help to attract more students to the city, as the standard of uni halls here isn't really the best (apart from down the quayside like).

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah sounds canny from what I read in the echo. It can only help to attract more students to the city, as the standard of uni halls here isn't really the best (apart from down the quayside like).
Good point. Have you been in the new Uni. building that replaced the old Edinburgh building ?

·
Registered
25,194 Posts
Yeah, it's good news for the Students, --also good news for jobs, ---this Development will create Construction jobs for a couple of years or so, -----wonder when the University will announce their planned Hotel Development.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Good point. Have you been in the new Uni. building that replaced the old Edinburgh building ?
no mate but i'm back through this weekend for the match so i might pop up and have a look!

Yeah, it's good news for the Students, --also good news for jobs, ---this Development will create Construction jobs for a couple of years or so, -----wonder when the University will announce their planned Hotel Development.
doesn't mention the hotel in the echo, but it does say that "Next year will see a major redevelopment of the sciences complex and landscaping at the back of Edinburgh Building". so maybe that'll include the planned hotel??

·
Registered
25,194 Posts
no mate but i'm back through this weekend for the match so i might pop up and have a look!

doesn't mention the hotel in the echo, but it does say that "Next year will see a major redevelopment of the sciences complex and landscaping at the back of Edinburgh Building". so maybe that'll include the planned hotel??
Work could be starting on the new Science Complex shortly, ---passed the Campus yesterday, and the areas behind the City Space and Edinburgh buildings were boarded off.

·
Registered
25,194 Posts
It's been over a couple of months since the Students Complex was announced, ----and I havent read or heard anymore about it, ----does anyone know if they actually started this Development.?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Note, for inclusion on the

New Student Village | Sunderland | ?fl | Proposed

thread

The revamp of our forum is now nearly complete, once the mods respond to this last post on the Naming & Moving threads and posts, thread.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=54337293&postcount=42

FOR THE FUTURE RE ‘PROJECTS’ INFORMATION:

Can I suggest that all information about our current projects is provided on the appropriate individual Project Thread (where there is one) rather than on the old Full Summary of Projects thread?

We currently have 12 of these project threads, listed on the new Development Summary, and ‘linked’ from that thread.

01. New Wear Bridge | Wessington Way, Sunderland | 190m / 140m | Submitted
02. SAFC Training Facility | South Tyneside | 1fl | Submitted
03. Sunderland Crown Court I Sunderland, Farrington Row | ?fl | Proposed
04. Porterfield Plaza | Sunderland | 5fl | U/C
05. Vaux Site | Sunderland | Various | Proposed
06. Sunderland Software Centre | Sunniside, Tavistock Place | ?fl | Proposed
07. Stadium Village | Sunderland | Various | Proposed
08. New Student Village | Sunderland | ?fl | Proposed
09. Durham Gate | Thinford, Co Durham | Various | Proposed
10. Spirit of Sunderland | Sunderland | 33fl | 328ft | Proposed
11. Central Area Multi Storey Car Park | Sunderland | ?fl | Demolition
12. Durham University new Admin Building | Durham City | ?fl | Proposed

Also, I have been advised by ‘horokeio’ that there could be (at least) another six project threads to be set up, here . .
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=53899249&postcount=38

Can this be confirmed and the threads set up by someone? Also, are there any other specific projects, not yet mentioned, that could also be set up as threads? Please let me know, on the 'Naming and moving threads and posts' thread.

I can then add any new project threads to the ‘Development Summary’ thread, as suggested.

·
Registered
25,194 Posts
The Student Village Development, ----I believe it was to begin at the back end of last year, ----does anyone know how it is progressing, --or have any photos? thanks.

1 - 20 of 564 Posts