Fastfood?

Shopping

City Pictures

The Avenue

Hard Rock Cafe

·
Nihongo Luvr
1,037 Posts
Looks spacious and urban at the same time. It's strange that there have been so few Gothenburg threads so far, even though it's fifth biggest city in the Nordics. I'm glad that you did one, it really looks beautiful, vibrant city. If you have any more Gothenburg pics I'd be very grateful. Aren't they planning four semi-skyscrapers in the downtown?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Nice to see photos of Göteborg for a chance. I didn't know you had trams there.

You should add an extra 0 onto those lengths. It's 500 km's to Stockholm from there. :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Qualtagh said:
Nice to see photos of Göteborg for a chance. I didn't know you had trams there.

You should add an extra 0 onto those lengths. It's 500 km's to Stockholm from there. :)
Actually it's one of the biggest tram cities in the world with a track length of 146 km, if i remember correctly. Anyone have the exact numbers?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
disco said:
Actually it's one of the biggest tram cities in the world with a track length of 146 km, if i remember correctly. Anyone have the exact numbers?
Found it! 145 km it is.
Compared to Stockholm subway: 108 km

·
Right Here, Right Now
2,652 Posts
Nice pics! Are those buildings in the first two pics highrises? They look quite tall

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
AtlanticaC5 said:
Nice pics! Are those buildings in the first two pics highrises? They look quite tall
The buildings on the first picture are 8 14 story buildings.
On the second picture there's a 15 story building (the yellow are 9 story buildings)
On the third picture you see 2 buildings in the background, these are 10 story buildings. There's also a third one, not included in the photo.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oberleutnant said:
When was your central train station built?
It was completed 2003 i think.

Actually the building is a part of the central station with 2 other buildings and is called centralhuset (the central building). The other buildings are, the old central station which looks like an old goast house, and the other building as the busterminal (which is the biggest in sweden) called Nils Ericsons Terminalen, built in the '90s.

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
O wow, disco! Thanks a whole lot! :eek:kay:

Although you also show some handsome old buildings, Goeteborg looks so sleek and modern in these photos! :cool:

The train station & the bus terminal are very attractive, and I just go :eek2: over that tram system!

It's great to see so many Goeteborgers out enjoying the sunshine in their beautiful city. :)

Please promise to take more photos as you're, able, OK?

·
User
719 Posts
Nice pics. I like these massive residential buildings and also cool transport network. City centre of course looks very pleasant. I like pic with small river.

·
囧!
10,896 Posts
Nice to see some Göteborg-pics for a chance! Kind of unusual in this forum. Tho it is the second largest city in Sweden I have the feeling that it is sort of "on hold" in Sweden for the moment, and in the shadow of the developing Öresundsregionen (Malmö and Copenhagen) and of course the capital of Stockholm. Am I right?

By the way, it is an incredible tram system!

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
Am I correct in assuming that you have a bus system as well? I gather no subway, but I may be wrong on one or both points.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts