SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
User
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, he's part 2 and a continuation of the other thread. The sun was really blinding and bright so some pictures came out hazy and kind of bad. I'm going to post them anyway, got nothing to lose. These pics are in and around Times Square.

Starting off...

Tree...

Or no tree?

Empire State:

Westin glowing, literally:

No standing anytime:

The future...

V E R T I G O:

Busy shot:

From Bryant Park:

For you Dennis...

Anyone got the name of this one? Totally forgot...

Looking toward Chrysler...

Closer look:

Conde Nasty:

To quote Paris and Nicole: Do you love it?

That's hot...

On the way home in Queens, took this one:

That's all, I hope to keep posting pics more frequently these days as the weather gets better. I hope you enjoyed.

If you missed it, part 1 can be found here.

·
User
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ellatur said:
very bright!
Yea, I know. Kind of disappointed about that. I figured that I took the pics anyway, so I'll post them. I think I might've got a mini sun tan from these last 2 days. :D

·
Long live the Twins!
1,116 Posts
never seen the sky so bright before in manhattan, although ive seen it all too much here in cali...

finally someone got an u/c pic of 505 fifth (the unknown building in the pics). good job on unknowingly updating us jack! lol

·
Registered
403 Posts
Thanks for the shots! They bring back memories and make me even more eager to get back this summer!

I hope it isn't impolite, but...I can't help myself ...
OH my heavens - there's that Westin hotel that must have had a color blind architect - such a mess of scrambled, muddy colors patched together like a bad job of window replacement! It's one of the ugliest towers I saw in NYC, and - while I'd been hoping for a view of the ESB or Chrysler from our hotel room - that was what we got...Herbert Muschamp, in the New York TImes, called that thing "erotic, " and I really wonder what he meant - or, on second thought, do I REALLY want to know? :nuts:
*END OF RANT*

Still, as the song says, "I love Manhattan, the Bronx and Staten Island too..." :eek:kay:

·
Long live the Twins!
1,116 Posts
lol liz l, i totally agree with what you said. that tower should've been built in vegas or somewhere else that can tolerate architecture as nonconformist as this building. if i have to put this anywhere in nyc, i'd place it in harlem, far away from midtown. i think it'll feel more at home there.

·
Registered
403 Posts
:lol: **CHUCKLE** Of course, 7 World Trade, it's not just a question of whether the Westin would feel more at home in Harlem, but whether Harlem would feel at home with the Westin...or would Harlem have enough good taste to be mortally offended if someone tried to put that thing in their neighborhood? :lol: BTW, it sure doesn't look any better at ground level...

34,880 Posts
Nice, this is exactely the area I see every day when I walk from Times Square to 9nt Avenue, 45th street.

We have to meet Jack, Maybe next weekend? We'll PM I don't have internet in weekend so I'll see monday.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts