Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
User
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember someone requesting a large image of this sunset construction shot of the WTC, I think Mr. Man was it?

Anyway, I found one at Leslie E. Robertson's website, the engineer of the towers:

·
5,837 Posts
JR said:
I don't understand. What am I looking at here? How do the buildings look like that?

This is a construction shot JR , thats why the building looks like you can see through it. Great picture by the way.

·
Registered
30 Posts
nygirl said:
This is a construction shot JR , thats why the building looks like you can see through it. Great picture by the way.
Sure, but I don't understand how light can pass through the buildings like that. I mean all the floors must already be done. So, the sunlight illuminates the floors and ceilings?

The South Tower is almost completed. I was under the impression that most of the North Tower was already occupied at that time.

Shouldn't this effect have been visible even after the towers were in full use?

·
Long live the Twins!
1,116 Posts
i guess the towers are still empty during this time, so the sun can shine right through their empty floors and unobstructed windows to give them a light-shaft look.

im sure many skyscrapers can also look like this if their interior are emptied.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I remember looking for this photo a loooong time ago, after I saw Mr. Man's avatar (which was of this photo).

I'm probably not the only one who was looking for it, but thank you for finding it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts