·
Banned
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More pics:

·
Registered
467 Posts
It's ok, the design isn't too bad I guess...It could be better, seeing as though they did design the sensation Vision Tower. Maybe if they get rid of that spire or mast thingy.. :D

·
Banned
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trying to work out the height, I don't think the doc lists it anywhere, looks about 250m to spire, 200m to roof? Don't know maybe more, was hoping for more like 250 to roof here but can't sneeze at a 200m in Surfers, especially a good looking one. Of course I could be wrong, maybe it's taller.

I think the design is top notch, it's got the same kind of glazing as Vision, looks sorta like the Warsaw Trade Tower.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
thats not bad---- looks taller than 200m to roof----of course this is now the holiday inn
not the ana hotel looks like they have had plans for a while.

·
Registered
77,331 Posts
wow, looks superb!!
i did a quick scaling/measurement using the 75m ANA behind.
estimate only
height to roof-195m
height to spire-228mcould be higher.
thanks locke!!

·
Chip on my shoulder (BBQ)
3,135 Posts
Oh baby, another 200m+ tower for SEQ. This region is experiencing change of a kind never before seen. Its all good :)

·
Registered
1,523 Posts

Maybe Cul can scale off.

After some crude scaling looks at least 205m roof range and 230m spire.

·
Banned
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That pdf has some plan views Culwulla, maybe more accurate to guess height, I got pretty much 200m to roof exactly, was hoping for a touch more but that's still darn good.

Bear in mind these are also profile views, this is a round tower so on an orthagraphic view it looks flat but in perspective renders it will look very curvy.

·
retired
893 Posts
Wow ... so much for keeping the podium! Will really improve the area. Now the long wait until construction begins :(

I guess Raptis will build this then move on to the Dolphin project across the street. I wonder if Dolphin will get redesigned.

I can't get the PDF to open ... do you have the complete link for it Locke :)

·
6,438 Posts
:banana: Looks really good to me.

The heights on the elevation are illegible but if we assume the floor to floor height is 3.00m, as most resis are, then I scaled the building at 203m to roof and 246m to spire. Ground level by the way is the top of the black box on the right in the elevation Curtain posted.

·
Banned
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
DeejayT if the link doesn't open for you here in the full link at the end of this post, just remove the dashes at the beginning and end.

With the height, well you can see where it switches from 2 **digits to 3 ***digits, and you can see the top bits have another change of numbers from the 1 digit that runs up for a while, to 2 what looks like a few metres from the roof, I think around 200-205 is the likely range to roof, it's a flat roof so it will look pretty tall, spire looks around 240m?

It's got the open plaza everyone wanted as well, so bye bye shitty podium.

---http://www.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/minutes/gcccminutes/October%202005%20to%20present/404%20City%20Planning%2023MAY2006-agenda.pdf---

·
Galactic Ruler
6,857 Posts
I like it and I like the facade. I would have rathered seen no rounded sides though. Flat sides would be som much nicer all around this tower - there are too many curved towers in the mix esp in SEQ. Id have rathered they went triangualar or broken the shape up with more angles.

Looking at the elevation showing the flat face is awesome, the tower really shines from this vantage.

The Gold Coast is really on the boil.

1 - 20 of 163 Posts