1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
21st century destination
611 Posts
yeah there's no point in arguing!! to them dubai will always be 'a fake city'

·
sababa
7,841 Posts
I so hate these.. For example Israel vs UAE.. That topic has nothing to do with arhitecture, that topic is about patriotism, religion, politics...
I love both countries, I've been to Israel 6 times.. And i would really loved to go to UAE.

·
Registered
521 Posts
close this. . . .
wouldnt wanna get into it

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I don't even bother with such threads anymore. For some reason they seem to attract a high number of idiots who can barely figure out that the world does not rotate around America.

·
Registered
521 Posts
thanks man, , guys come on, we cant let anyone else, lets go, i am posting . . who's with me

·
...starwood... :-D
1,075 Posts
gentlemen, let me point out if i may--

most all of the "vs." threads rely on 'collective' branding...

no matter if it's someone from the States or EU or China or where-ever~~

and Dubai, for all its genius and wonder and magic, fails to 'brand' well for many outside D's borders, so the "only" element that collectively shows Dubai off is its new and rather flamboyant (by very conventional and somewhat tired-standards) high-rise architecture, and even that's pushing it because 'most' of those projects are really just underway as we speak, SO, Dubai is further 'reduced' to "proposal' status for most...

and we know how far 'proposals' can go in the real world--

I believe many are open to Dubai's meteoric rise and success, but the ONLY thing that will turn the tide of opinion is for Dubai to actually prove and demonstrate such completed successes, not merely proudly show-off its high-intentions...

:)

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
juiced said:
I don't even bother with such threads anymore. For some reason they seem to attract a high number of idiots who can barely figure out that the world does not rotate around America.

why must you always criticize americans,have you forgotten that ssc is about only 15% american and the rest are from alot of other countries.most people in city vs city are european,so go blame them.

·
Back in the Sandpit
14,962 Posts
have all of you read the UAE vs Israel thread?
what is going on in this forum? just insane...
some political statements are just crazy...
and again some people show lack of knowledge of the UAE,
in particular again the money topic...they just don't know the money is coming from foreign countries for example...!

·
Patriotic Emirati
6,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^^^

U should have seen how they created multiple accounts just to vote. It is pathetic.

When I called them cheaters they started talking on how arabs and the whole world fighting them :cheers:

·
21st century destination
611 Posts
these israeli's keep on flooding every thread with millions of pics...it's really disgusting what they have turned the holy land into

1 - 20 of 25 Posts