SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 27454 Posts

·
Registered
7,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Hmm, the train doesnt look the same, it does look like the one PT INKA has, remember when they tried the train on Jabotabek route and it got stucked

fir3blaze, the train was started from Gubeng station, not from Pasar Turi. when you accross the bridge there were railway there, i was waiting from there. It was pretty cool tho, but the officer said it still on trial and its should be ready after the election

cost me none and surprised no one seems interested to try it at that time or maybe lack of information? can you double check if INKA has driveless? because i saw INKA 34782ak (this number could be wrong, but something like it) on the train.

cheers

·
Urban Monk
2,432 Posts
@railway regulations
maybe it'll be corrupt, i dunno. but this no private investment regulations is the one that caused there is no railways in kalimantan, papua etc..

@driveless train:
ok,
I will check with railway mailing list guys.
If this is true, I'll be very happy :)

·
Trad Urbanist
592 Posts
Well, it's practically nothing. Just a picture from my window at the Grand Kalimas Hotel in Surabaya. It's across the street from that Madurese shrine for the Yemeni prophet.

·
City Reformist
5,263 Posts
I know the area of that photo, Yamauchi. The big low rise building on the left is Jembatan Merah Plaza. The red one on the right, that is new and I do not know what is that. Hotel Ibis can be seen appear between the two.

On the far background there is the Gudang Garam office building (about 8 stories on the right) and the other one probably the government of East Java Administrative Building.

You took this picture from the Northern part of Surabaya toward the sea to Madura Island. But the view on the picture is toward South.

·
City Reformist
5,263 Posts
I tried to get the rendering of Tunjungan Galeria which is jointly developed by Keppel Land of Singapore and another unnamed business group.... but no luck. Anybody can please post. Here is the description on their website:

Galleria Tunjungan

Description : Commercial/Retail Complex

Located in Surabaya CBD
Modelled after the successful Bugis Junction mixed development in Singapore, with its glass-covered shopping streets

In Surabaya, Indonesia, the Group is jointly developing an upmarket retail and commercial complex.

To be named Galleria Tunjungan, the project occupies a 23,384 sm site in the heart of the Central Business District of Surabaya, next to the historic Majapahit Hotel and at the convergence of four of the busiest main thoroughfares - Jalan Tunjungan, Jalan Embong Malang, Jalan Basuki Rakhmat and Jalan Remuda.

·
City Reformist
5,263 Posts
Thanks Fir3blaze, though still no picture. I think should be PT Sentral Tunjungan Perkasa. Are you in Surabaya? If you have Sby picture, can you please post?

·
Fir3blaze
918 Posts
You're welcome :)

Oops, i guess i put some misleading info in my profile. My family live in Surabaya, but I'm currently in Singapore for my studies.

NB: If anyone can sponsor me some digicam, I can take lotsa pics of this city :jk:

·
Fir3blaze
918 Posts
Hmmm...lemme try postin some pics here (my first time tryin,hope it works) :)

Below're some pics of this place called "kya kya kembang jepun" in Surabaya, the word "kya kya" is from chinese dialect, meaning "to walk". It's basically an eating place set up in Surabaya's old chinatown area (kembang jepun). Ony opens at night, and quite cool experience. I went there once myself, near their opening date almost 2 years back.

G

·
Kya Kya is a Hokkien / Medanese Dialect. We, Medanese, take pride of creating this idea of eating and chatting.

The orignial Kya Kya is Kesawan Square in Medan -also in the old Chinatown area. It is good to know that Kya Kya is just as successful as Kesawan Square. :)

·
Jakarta : Home sweet Home
769 Posts
yepp... kya kya does mean jalan jalan in hokkien..
but from the looks of it, Kya Kya is much bigger and looks more entertaining than Kesawan Square..
I've been to Kesawan Square.. and it's alright from my opinion.. just like to look at the old buildings there... and especially cause my mom used to live there when she was a kid..
medan01, u remember that there's a blue mansion thingy owned by some rich fella..?? I cant remember his name.. is it cong api.??

·
City Reformist
5,263 Posts
Hey, thanks again blaze! This is the first time I see the what kya kya look like. I just heard it from other people. But does it look like that with the decoration every night, or is it just one time celebration event?

I'm glad that the Indonesian is more open to accept the Chinese culture, though I believe discrimination is still widespread.

·
Fir3blaze
918 Posts
The lights are 'on' (or at least supposed to be) every night, which was meant to provide extra lighting and improve on ambience.

Have anyone went kya kya recently?cos i only went there once (and that's a long while back).I just hope the place don't fall into disrepair

G

·
It is the house of Tjong A Fie, the first mayor of Medan.

Kya Kya should be bigger because Surabaya is almost twice the size of Medan. FIR, I am sure Kya Kya is still rocking - no worries of it falling apart since I know it is constantly featured on TV. I heard the same concept is now being planned for Padang and Palembang as well.

I would post picts of Kesawan Square tonight on the Medan site - Kesawan Square now also have free Karaoke stations.

·
Fir3blaze
918 Posts
Cool...this's the kinda news that im waiting for :)
It'd be interesting to see this concept developed in other cities, can be chinese, can be other local cultures.

·
Jakarta : Home sweet Home
769 Posts
yup, thats the one Tjong A fie.. ehehhe
I went to Kesawan at the start of the year...
was at medan for like 2 weeks

·
Registered
7,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I went to kya kya once in surabaya, there is this noodle house with the yummie ifumi..yummmm..:lol:

Man...Melbourne chinatown got eaten by Kya kya Surabaya

I heard the same concept is now being planned for Padang and Palembang as well.
In Bandung and Semarang as well, there one planned in Manado too. I was in Semarang after going back from Surabaya and i went to Sam poo Kong temple, beside the temple there is this construction for kya kya semarang.

cheers

·
Urban Monk
2,432 Posts
Last time in Bogor,
We have two city centre. One is completely Chinatown, can be said that.
During Cap Go Me (about 2 weeks after chinese new year.. I think..)
They close TWO MAIN STREET. 40 Barongsay on the street!

- sanhen

·
City Reformist
5,263 Posts
Does this mean that other cities try to follow?
Is it always crowded like in those pix? Look at the fireworks, it is so lame... better spend money to eat than burn it on fireworks, probably...

41 - 60 of 27454 Posts