SkyscraperCity Forum banner
101 - 120 of 211 Posts

· Registered
441 Posts
1. What are the different loading gauges of A, B, and C(?) type trains?
2. Are all individual train cars the same length but different widths?
3. How many lines in China use A type trains?
4. Do metros ever remove some or all of the seats to increase train capacity? I guess they need to keep a few seats for pregnant, elderly, and disabled riders.

3,279 Posts
1. What are the different loading gauges of A, B, and C(?) type trains?
Type A
L:22-23m
W:3m

Type B
L:19-20m
W:2.8

Type BL
L:~17m
W:2.8

Type C
W:2.6
L:no spec, so far 19m have been used in Shanghai.

2. Are all individual train cars the same length but different widths?
If you mean all individual train cars the same width but different lengths? Then yes, cab cars tend to be a few meters longer.

3. How many lines in China use A type trains?
Shanghai, Nanjing, Shenzhen, Beijing and Guangzhou have A size trains.

Wuhan, Chongqing, Shijiazhuang and Lanzhou have lines under construction that use A size trains.

4. Do metros ever remove some or all of the seats to increase train capacity? I guess they need to keep a few seats for pregnant, elderly, and disabled riders.
Yes there have been some instances of that. Line 6, which opened less than a week ago in Guangzhou had to do that, that's still fresh in our minds.

3,279 Posts
As far as I know, Nanjing does NOT have A-size trains, only B.
Actually its quite the opposite. All existing lines in the Nanjing metro are A size. The only city in China to have 100% A size stock running.

Lines 1, 2, 3, and 10 are A size. S series lines and line 4 is B size. Search it up they use the same Alstom metropolis 5 door cars as Shanghai.

· Registered
Я русский и этим горжусь 🇷🇺🇷🇺🇷🇺
25,082 Posts
I've been to Nanjing 3 times and I mightn't be mistaken. They have B type trains with 4 door cars and they do not look like any of Shanghai trains. They are more like those of Hangzhou with the only difference that they have windows at the end of each car right between the door and the junction.

But yes, their front part looks like Shanghai Alstoms on lines 1, 2 and 10.

I have to see my own pics, my laptop is in Hangzhou, and I'm staying in Hong-Kong now.

· Registered
25,082 Posts
Just seen some pics I. The web. You are right. Sorry.

Still they have that window between the door and the junction while Shanghai trains, as I remember, don't.

· Registered
18,329 Posts
From Railway Gazette:

http://www.railwaygazette.com/news/...rders-more-csr-nanjing-puzhen-metro-cars.html

Suzhou orders more CSR Nanjing Puzhen metro cars
12 Mar 2014

Photo: Andrew Benton

CHINA: CSR Nanjing Puzhen is to supply 40 six-car trainsets for Suzhou metro Line 4, to be delivered in 2015-16.

Škoda Electric is supplying traction motors under a KC1·1bn contract. These will be produced in Suzhou by Škoda Kingway Electric, a joint venture of Škoda Electric and Jiangsu Kingway Transportation which was established in 2010.

Škoda has previously supplied traction equipment for 23 CSR Nanjing Puzhen five-car sets for Suzhou metro Line 2, and won an additional order for 17 trainsets for the line’s extension.

· Registered
18,329 Posts
From Railway Gazette:

http://www.railwaygazette.com/news/news/asia/single-view/view/suzhou-tramway-opens.html

Suzhou tramway opens
28 Oct 2014

CHINA: Suzhou’s first tram line opened on October 26, just over two years since construction began, with 12 500 passengers carried on the first day.

Non-passenger carrying test running started on June 28. Between October 12 and 21, 50 000 tickets were provided for local residents to ensure realistic testing and to increase public awareness.

The 18·1 km route servers the southwestern Gaoxin district. It runs west from Suzhou Leyuan, which offers interchange with metro Line 1, to Longkanglu. The route is mostly at grade, apart from a section that dips under a road and a 1 km elevated alignment over a motorway. A depot west of Majian Lu is due to open at the end of this year

^^And the map:

· Registered
25,082 Posts
In the China Trams tread I read that on the first day it carried 12,500 passengers. Why such a small figure? Such lines can provide a capacity of 12,000 passengers per hour.

What are the headways?

· Registered
18,329 Posts
From Rail Journal:

http://www.railjournal.com/index.ph...res-big-chinese-train-orders.html?channel=529

CRRC secures big Chinese train orders
Wednesday, July 15, 2015

CRRC subsidiary Nanjing Puzhen SR Rail Transport has secured three contracts for the supply of metro and light rail rolling stock in China worth a combined Yuan 2.1bn ($US 338.2m)

The third is from Suzhou New District Tramway for the Suzhou National New & Hi-tech Industrial Development Zone light rail Line 2 and is worth about Yuan 326m

101 - 120 of 211 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.