SkyscraperCity banner

241 - 260 of 1618 Posts

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
^^

If built I'm sure it would be the worlds highest swimming pool over ground. Really not sure the point of a swimming pool that high but it's an interesting idea. I would have to for get that I'm swimming in a bucket of water 700m over the ground and hope it doesn't fall.

I really hope they pic proposal #2, it's the tallest and it's really grown on me.

·
Registered
705 Posts
^^

If built I'm sure it would be the worlds highest swimming pool over ground. Really not sure the point of a swimming pool that high but it's an interesting idea. I would have to for get that I'm swimming in a bucket of water 700m over the ground and hope it doesn't fall.
That pool would be an enormous draw to attract top level luxury hotels to those floors to lease. People who pay 500 to 1,000+ Euros a night for a room would very much be enticed by a swim in that pool and the 'beach deck' at 700+m.

If the bottom were transparent....:nuts:

·
24,056 Posts
Why not? I accounted about 140 levels in main body + about 25 levels in crown. 4,5-meter tall floor including celling will make tower 750-meter tall.

Reminds of Chow Tai Fook Guangzhou. I'm for it.

ugly

Reminds of Ping An FC. My favorite megatall, but among those 3 i'd prefer 1.

·
Skyscrapers to the stars
972 Posts
#2 please!:nuts:
Buildings with holes are cool, and the curved shape is amazing too.:cheers:

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
That pool would be an enormous draw to attract top level luxury hotels to those floors to lease. People who pay 500 to 1,000+ Euros a night for a room would very much be enticed by a swim in that pool and the 'beach deck' at 700+m.

If the bottom were transparent....:nuts:
A transparent bottom would be a thrill! Even more thrilling than the box sticking out of the Sears Tower in Chicago.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
^^ Comparing this to older photos it looks like some of the demolition of the worker buildings already started, which brings us a little bit closer to the construction of this beast :cheers:

·
High in the sky
379 Posts
With all the great commercial buildings developing in China, I would think Chinese developers would build stand out residential buildings. Those apartments in the pictures above look so bland, repetitive and unimaginative.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
With all the great commercial buildings developing in China, I would think Chinese developers would build stand out residential buildings. Those apartments in the pictures above look so bland, repetitive and unimaginative.
I think that at the moment, residential buildings are built to accomodate the influx of people moving to the cities. Efficient use of space is the primary concern, aestethics go second. It's more about cramming as many appartments as possible into the available land, while refraining from building so tall it becomes impractical to live there (water pressure, ventilation, fire safety, etc).

Monumental residential towers like The Met in Bangkok, 432PA in New York or World One in Mumbai are all high-class luxury apartment buildings. However, the demand for those aren't that high in China - seeing as how polluted the cities are, those who can afford it prefer to live in spacious homes well outside the city core.

Though, I'd expect such skyscrapers to eventually start popping up in Shanghai or other big financial cities.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well, depends - Shanghai has quite a few 50+ storey luxury residentials flanking the Pudong side of the river, facing the Bund, while Guangzhou and Shenzhen have several 60+ storey high-rise residentials coming up. The new East Pacific Plaza in Shenzhen, nearly completed, is an 85-storey high end residential, 309 m tall - in fact, taller than any Hong Kong apartment tower for that matter. The apartments in that building sell for like 80,000 RMB (13,000 USD) per m2!

I think that at the moment, residential buildings are built to accomodate the influx of people moving to the cities. Efficient use of space is the primary concern, aestethics go second. It's more about cramming as many appartments as possible into the available land, while refraining from building so tall it becomes impractical to live there (water pressure, ventilation, fire safety, etc).

Monumental residential towers like The Met in Bangkok, 432PA in New York or World One in Mumbai are all high-class luxury apartment buildings. However, the demand for those aren't that high in China - seeing as how polluted the cities are, those who can afford it prefer to live in spacious homes well outside the city core.

Though, I'd expect such skyscrapers to eventually start popping up in Shanghai or other big financial cities.

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Interesting, I like the apartment buildings in the background. They at least pay some attention to style rather than building commieblocks. The complex in the left-center of the picture look like quality construction and design to me.

·
High in the sky
379 Posts
Interesting, I like the apartment buildings in the background. They at least pay some attention to style rather than building commieblocks. The complex in the left-center of the picture look like quality construction and design to me.
It's repetitive with few variations in design other than shape. No exterior details that make each one unique. I'm sure they're quality apartments inside, but outside its just bland. To compound the repetitiveness, they're so rigidly organized.

But, it could be just me.

241 - 260 of 1618 Posts