SkyscraperCity banner

301 - 320 of 1631 Posts

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Don't like the spire - definitely too long for the building of this shape.

Other than that:

a) I seriously don't get how this one is similar to shanghai tower ;)
b) I would really like to see diagram showing this and some other towers (st, pingan, greenland) to have some reference how big it is. With over 130fl it may be much more massive than pingan but we can't be sure. After all lotte with "only" 550 meters have something over 120fl if I remember right.
c) Except the spire the design is quite ok. The best bit about it is that it brings us closer to a straight up tower with square section taller than burj. I guess such milestone will happen in say 5 or 10 years, most likely in china.

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,372 Posts
^^ hope we see bigger renders soon. but it does look like the crown may feature very high ceilings for some obersavion decks an atrium and things, so it is basically a very long spire (maybe 100m+) on top of a huge crown on top of a 138 floor building. i doubt the building will have much residential space, i expect more of office and maybe hotel on top, similar to most chinese megatalls. so it won't have as low ceilings as seoul i think.

Reactions: Highcliff

·
Skyscrapers to the stars
972 Posts

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Unlike some I have no problem with spires. I think the spire on the pingan looks great. But here it's too long for the crown. It just looks unbalanced to me.

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,372 Posts
^^
what exactly is the plot for this monster?

Reactions: Highcliff

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Correct. The almost famous Building With Green Roof is still standing although there seems to be some preparation going on on the plot.

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,372 Posts
so let us hope it will move to demo soon ;)

Reactions: Highcliff and ZZ-II
301 - 320 of 1631 Posts