SkyscraperCity banner

341 - 360 of 1614 Posts

·
The AlphaWolf of the Pack
1,748 Posts
doesn't matter if 100m, 200m or 500m. if you fall down you're dead...so or so.
Or the very rare opportunity of still surviving with a couple broken bones.

·
Superlaowai
151 Posts
Suzhou has 10.5 million people according to Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzhou. Suzhou is a huge city. :cucumber:
Suzhou SIP and downtown is actually not a very big area but there already living 4mio people, the rest is some other districts and also Kunshan which is a city by itself belongs to it.
10.5mio in total and it is very huge, you are right.

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,243 Posts
after one day nearly nothing of the building is left! let's hope after demolition it goes right into prep works :cheers:

Reactions: Highcliff

·
Registered
214 Posts
Suzhou has 10.5 million people according to Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzhou. Suzhou is a huge city. :cucumber:
No , it's not that big.

When you see a figure for the population of a Chinese city , you're almost always looking at the jurisdiction that the city government covers. It would be like including the population of a region 200 kilometers across. It could also be considerably smaller but the way it is , most of the people in that region almost certainly don't live in Suzhou.

·
The AlphaWolf of the Pack
1,748 Posts
I never knew it was right behind the Gate of the Orient. I went there and I never noticed

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,243 Posts
I never knew it was right behind the Gate of the Orient. I went there and I never noticed
well, it is not even prep, so there was not much to notice to begin with to be fair.

Reactions: Highcliff

·
The-Real-Link!!
906 Posts
So is the sloping design with the pool "outrigger" the final design or are we still waiting for final renders? I mean the pool design there is AWESOME but not sure it's ever been done. Or has it?

·
The-Real-Link!!
906 Posts
Oh yeah sorry just derped there. Remembered seeing that one of course but forgot the render with the pool was just conceptual. Probably was viewing this thread and tired or something, haha.

Yeah I'm all for 700m+ towers with insane floorcounts. Nice to see that last green-roofed building torn down so fast. Will be neat to see this one through the construction process.

·
Superlaowai
151 Posts
i also think that it is this design but not sure. the posters on the wall still show the old design with that 2 similar looking towers. the lawn roof building is almost gone. not much activity today.

341 - 360 of 1614 Posts