SkyscraperCity banner

621 - 640 of 1636 Posts

·
Superlaowai
151 Posts
I like that there is so much discussion going on since I posted the pictures this week.
Awesome that you guys are so interested in Suzhou.
It is worth talking about it because it is a great city although I liked it better several years ago when it was more native without cars and crazy traffic.
No picture today because not much changed but work is going on.

·
Registered
766 Posts
On this thread it says " SUZHOU | Century Plaza | +700m | +2300ft | 138 fl | Prep " There is still no confirm heights? If there is can someone change it?

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Well those latest renders shows again something around 750m, so that's my closest bet.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
mmm... still you can easily distinguish

THIS:

from THIS:

both design and height ;) Are you visiting this thread first time maybe ThatOneGuy? ;)

·
Registered
766 Posts
Hope really that they would give a clear new height and proposal soon. But being in prep now is making me happen because its going to start.

·
Real Horrorshow
22,977 Posts
mmm... still you can easily distinguish

both design and height ;) Are you visiting this thread first time maybe ThatOneGuy? ;)
Yes. :\

It confused me because that render is not on the first page. So I though it was just an alternate design... Not to mention the cancelled design has more dtailed renders.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
It wasn't canceled because it always was just a concept master plan design. The tall needle one is likely the final proposal. The first page is still not updated most likely because we are still not sure for 100% whether it's final, but still - it's very likely it is.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
The tower will stand where they do the pile load test atm or am i wrong?
Actually based on this render it's quite clear the tower goes on the opposed side of the plot. Quite weird, but maybe test piles don't need to be in the direct tower's location. After all they are only making couple test piles out of tens or hundreds piles to be installed under the tower so they can't test everything anyway.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Are there any other supertalls in this region that I probably wouldn't know?
There's one across the lake, a 450 meter Suzhou super tower, there's probably a super tall next to this, but we have not renders yet, last but not least there's a couple high rises and skyscrapers in front of this tower

·
I love Skyscrapers
34,099 Posts
Actually based on this render it's quite clear the tower goes on the opposed side of the plot. Quite weird, but maybe test piles don't need to be in the direct tower's location. After all they are only making couple test piles out of tens or hundreds piles to be installed under the tower so they can't test everything anyway.
Yes, you're right indeed

621 - 640 of 1636 Posts