SkyscraperCity banner

641 - 660 of 1635 Posts

·
Get Silly!
2,408 Posts
This building is tremendous! I can't wait to hear them announce what the final height will be. Looks extremely tall, around ~2500ft. imo. :banana:

·
Superlaowai
151 Posts
There's one across the lake, a 450 meter Suzhou super tower, there's probably a super tall next to this, but we have not renders yet, last but not least there's a couple high rises and skyscrapers in front of this tower
There was another one at the other side of the lake, SHK Project, 300m.
I don't know the progress there, should drive by and have a look at the building site.
Then I also only know about the other tower next to that one, no other
supertalls planned in Suzhou.
The building is slowing down anyway.
Nothing new at the building site so no picture today.

·
city of the future
1,449 Posts
Are all these excessive Chinese supertalls built with market speculation or do they need to sell a certain percentage before starting construction? are there any flats go in this tower?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Are all these excessive Chinese supertalls built with market speculation or do they need to sell a certain percentage before starting construction? are there any flats go in this tower?
You have already revealed your stand with the word excessive.

·
Registered
122 Posts
They can build as much skyscrapers as they like, I don't have a problem with that. BTW China has a population of a billion plus, so the excess is justified, cos there is a general saying; build first and they will come later.

My own stand is; build it to be charming, non-repetitive and appealing to reflect the beauty of the surrounding environment.
Key words: Creativity and Non-repetitive.

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,397 Posts
and we still do not know how tall it will be :cheers:

Reactions: ChuckScraperMiami#1

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Weird. When did the groundbreaking take place exactly? Because the area seems to be filled with containers right now.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
it happened yesterday, saw it with my own eyes.
Very strange. The ground breaking ceremony took place in the lower left corner of the site visible on the picture zwamborn posted. Both pictures are from the same date and yet on one of them the location is empty and on the other packed with containers. If everything is correct the I'm impressed how quick chinese people are at moving stuff around :nuts:

641 - 660 of 1635 Posts