SkyscraperCity banner

1561 - 1580 of 1640 Posts

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,487 Posts
yes, please. This plot is such a great spot in the city, really hope they will get going, it has stood empty for far too long

Reactions: Zaz965

·
Registered
309 Posts
That guy is talking out his ass. There is no law stating you cant go over 500m in China. I think companies are just playing it safe for now because the budget for megatalls is mega money. The trade war with America probably has a lot to do with it. Wuhan was a great design but the aviation limits were in place so they had to cap it.
Oh boy.... who wants to tell him

·
Registered
41 Posts
It really annoys me that this building is literally one meter below the 500 meter mark. I know China has those laws and such now but they up least let them build one meter higher. China was building a significant portion of the worlds supertalls but now it looks like these laws might change that.

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,487 Posts
^^ one meter does not make a visual difference whatsoever. Not building over 500m will not change the fact that china is building a significant portion of the worlds supertalls, quite the opposite, a plot that was designated 600m, 200m, might instead end up 500m, 300m. So the actual amount of supertalls might even increase if developers raise their side towers to accommodate for lost space inside the main tower. Less than 10% of China's supertalls are over 500m tall, this will not really have an effect on the amount of supertalls rising. The effect is that China will lose spots in the Top 10 though.

Reactions: Zaz965

·
Registered
950 Posts

·
Banned
Not nice.
181 Posts
Right, but i see many random posts taken from random social media with no context, and often out of date.

Do i need 50 shots of the same thing from slightly different angles with no information on what i am seeing?

No, i dont.

1561 - 1580 of 1640 Posts