Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
^^ Good thread, nice to see Chittagong developing alongside Dhaka. The milestone project of the port city is Radisson Bay View, it will be a great addition once inaugurated.

·
Registered
692 Posts
wow the exterior of the second house looks good...would love to build something like that if ( a big IF) & when I have some money !! and a good thread Jason bhaiya !

·
bleh!
7,688 Posts
I love this kind of single family homes. Too bad, it is disappearing from Dhaka.
It is something very difficult to maintain, first of all you'd be surrounded by 5 floored building virtually on all sides and then being only two floors tall put you in the bottom of the dust pile. Personally if I were to stay in Dhaka for the long term I'd prefer staying on at least the 20th floor or above.

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
It is something very difficult to maintain, first of all you'd be surrounded by 5 floored building virtually on all sides and then being only two floors tall put you in the bottom of the dust pile. Personally if I were to stay in Dhaka for the long term I'd prefer staying on at least the 20th floor or above.
Obviously, it is impractical to have a low rise single family home surrounded by highrises. If people wish to build/live in large bungalow style homes, they need to be in an area that is exclusively zoned for such residential units. That's why you have downtown Toronto, and its suburbs like Brampton, Markham, Milton, Oakville (and so on).

·
bleh!
7,688 Posts
Obviously, it is impractical to have a low rise single family home surrounded by highrises. If people wish to build/live in large bungalow style homes, they need to be in an area that is exclusively zoned for such residential units. That's why you have downtown Toronto, and its suburbs like Brampton, Markham, Milton, Oakville (and so on).
Toronto is slowly becoming a condo city! In Bangladesh zoning laws can never be put in place thanks to the over burdening population there is always that one group who is crying out foul and as a result the whole population suffers.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
The only area in Dhaka which seems to be getting a lot of duplexes is Ninkunjo. In a large part of Nikunjo residential area,they allow only 2 storied buildings.Thus many private individuals and developers are opting to build their bungalows or villas there.I think Rangs Properties even has a project aimed at building numerous duplexes there.The area is likely to have a high concentration of duplexes and single family homes once all the empty plots are developed.Too bad theres gonna be an airplane flying by every now and then ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts