SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
I am planning a short trip (3 days or smth) in Sweden and Finland in the near future and I was wondering what is the best option for me. Should I stay more in Helsinki or in Stockholm? I hear that Stockholm has a great nightlife but I want some straight opinions. I was thinking about spending 1 day in Helsinki, seeing what I gotta see and then visiting Stockholm for the remaining amount of time.
What's your opinion? How should my schedule look?
Thanks. :)

·
Registered
meow
9,408 Posts
I've never been to Stockholm, but I spent 2 days in Helsinki early this year. The city is really nice and very beautiful, but you can see it in a whole day with no rush. The nightlife was okay, actually I think in Helsinki you must hit in the right place, otherwise it will definitely SUCK. There is an awesome irish pub right downtown. It's in front of an american bar, not far from the train station, one of the best pubs I've ever been to.

But I hope you enjoy your trip and bring some pics. :cool:

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Hi.
I am planning a short trip (3 days or smth) in Sweden and Finland in the near future and I was wondering what is the best option for me. Should I stay more in Helsinki or in Stockholm? I hear that Stockholm has a great nightlife but I want some straight opinions. I was thinking about spending 1 day in Helsinki, seeing what I gotta see and then visiting Stockholm for the remaining amount of time.
What's your opinion? How should my schedule look?
Thanks. :)
I think you should definitely spend more time in Stockholm than in Helsinki.

Helsinki is a very beautiful city, but as Schmidt said, you can easily see the main attractions in a day. The main sights are somewhat close to each other.

Stockholm not only is a larger city, but some things (like the Drottningholm Palace) are located far from the city center, thus requiring more time to see the main spots. Of course it's all a matter of taste (and money) but two things that I consider that one should visit in Stockholm are Skansen and the Palace , and these two together will require one whole day easily.

Also, IMO, the nightlife in Stockholm is better and much more diverse (however I admit I might be a little biased here because I actually lived in Stockholm and thus have a lot more knowledge about the places to go out in this city).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm, ok guys, thanks for the great advice! I'll look into it.
If anyone else has opinions on this, keep them coming! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts