SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 541 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Peter Forsberg, Marcus Näslund, Tommy Salo, F Kaberle, A Aucoin, The Sedin Twins Swedish club Modo Hockeys new Arena in Örnsköldsvik, Sweden. Opening in september 2006. Ca 7000 spectators.

Fresh pics:

Kempehallen built 1964 5100 spectators (there Modo plays now):

·
Registered
427 Posts
Getting closer...

I just found these pictures of proposals for a new stadium in Stockholm, recognizable Globe arena near by.
1. Multi-purpose arena, 50.000 seats for football, 18.000/24.000 ice hockey configuration, retractable roof.

2. Regular football stadium capacity about 30.000

·
yatta! yatta!
169 Posts
Wasn't the 50k arena proposal at Globen area scrapped?? Imo I hope they build the 30k stadium and build the new Råsunda 50k+ or Kista Sport park (also 50k+ and a big icehockey arena), more space to build over there.

I also found some interesting pdf's here, scroll down too see pictures of all stadium visions in Stockholm.

·
Hoj!
360 Posts
But now it looks like the old Råsunda will be redeveloped, with the swedish football federation leading the work. "Göran Persson Memorial Stadium"? :shocked:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Stockholm definately is in no need of a new ice hockey arena, they have trouble to fill the Globe arena. So I hope they only go for the soccer stadium.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Djurgården IF, fotball wants to tear it down and build a new stadium without the tracks even though the entire stadium is protected as a cultural heritage. The club tried to find a loop hole by saying that they would keep the exterior of the stadium intact but they would gut it inwards, dig up the tracks and lower the pitch and that way increase capacity.
Idiots!!! The stadium fills the purpose perfectly as it is, and with new national arena being build soon the club stands little chance in getting their way.

·
囧!
10,877 Posts
It's a true classic.
However, I don't like the name change a couple of years ago (before it was called Stockholms Stadion, but they changed it to Stockholms Olympiastadion just to gain traditional values or something).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks, Frisco

I didn't realise it was right on the water!

Saw many a hockey game in the old (real old) Kempis - freezing my bum off.

Looks amazing and to think it is in Ö-vik.

Bo Ni i San Francisco?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are they going to tear down Kempehallen? It's not typical in other countries besides the US to tear things down so easily, at least it seems so to me...

Jag vill se en match i Kempehallen ett tag.. jag ska bo i Uppsala under nästa året (ska flytta till Sverige i augusti). Nu bor jag i USA.

1 - 20 of 541 Posts