SkyscraperCity banner

361 - 380 of 541 Posts

·
囧!
10,890 Posts
The premiere at the new Malmö Stadium last night was absolutely amazing. It's by far the best stadium I have visited in my life. I can't imagine there being a better 25.000- stadium in Europe than this one.

Malmö FF won 3-0 so it couldn't be a better day for the Malmö fans. ;)

The first goal ever at Malmö Stadium, by Labinot Harbuzi:

Some photos coming up later.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Was it officially inaugurated or was there just an opeing game before the inauguration? Congratulations in either way. Anyway two things are clear.

1) The new Malmo stadion is the best 25K stadium in the world because its construction was sponsored finacially by the best bank in the world

2) And the best bank in the world is SwedBank because it sponsored the best 25K stadium in the world financially... LOL

·
囧!
10,890 Posts
^^
This was the official inauguration, but the stadium isn't actually finished yet. :)
It will be finished some time during the end of May, but there won't be any "celebrations" because of that.

·
Registered
28,068 Posts
how many rows does the "kop" stand have?
looks steep :)

·
囧!
10,890 Posts
^^
22 concrete rows with a "metal" row in between each, so I'd guess around 43 rows. It doesn't look that impressive when you see it without people, but when it is full like yesterday it was very impressive. :)

·
Registered
28,068 Posts
hos steep is it?

·
囧!
10,890 Posts
Don't know, but maybe you can figure it out from this pic (which is very old by the way, so I'm not sure it's accurate. For example the big-screen TV is at the front of the roof in this pic)?

Looks like it is 24 rows by the way, which would be 47 rows in total including the "metal steps" between every concrete row.

·
Registered
28,068 Posts
lower part ~22,5°
upper part ~26,5°

2nd tier ~33°

·
Registered
951 Posts

I made a comparison between Gamla Ullevi in Göteborg (in blue) and Swedbank Stadion in Malmö (in red). Both stadium's cross sections had scales for measurement, so I think I resized the images accurately. The section for GU don't show the outer commersial premises.

It's surprising how similar the cross sections are. Look at the roof height for instance, exactly the same, 27 meters if I'm not mistaken. GU is a bit steeper which brings the crowd close to the pitch. But on the other hand, the isle at the bottom steals ~2m, so the distance to the pitch seems to be equal for the peripheral seats.

But how is it possible that SS is so much bigger, around 5.000 ppl more in "terrace mode"? I don't know. First thing I though of was that the bowl is wider and longer. But both have a pitch of 105x68. Maybe SS has more space between the sideline and the stands, the plan drawings for the stadiums didn't have any measures so I couldn't compare them. But of course, the shallower terrace allows for more people. And the tiers are more overlapping at SS.

Here is also a comparison between Gamla Ullevi and the future Camp Nou. This is not 100% acurate but it gives a hint at least.

·
Registered
124 Posts

I made a comparison between Gamla Ullevi in Göteborg (in blue) and Swedbank Stadion in Malmö (in red). Both stadium's cross sections had scales for measurement, so I think I resized the images accurately. The section for GU don't show the outer commersial premises.

It's surprising how similar the cross sections are. Look at the roof height for instance, exactly the same, 27 meters if I'm not mistaken. GU is a bit steeper which brings the crowd close to the pitch. But on the other hand, the isle at the bottom steals ~2m, so the distance to the pitch seems to be equal for the peripheral seats.

But how is it possible that SS is so much bigger, around 5.000 ppl more in "terrace mode"? I don't know. First thing I though of was that the bowl is wider and longer. But both have a pitch of 105x68. Maybe SS has more space between the sideline and the stands, the plan drawings for the stadiums didn't have any measures so I couldn't compare them. But of course, the shallower terrace allows for more people. And the tiers are more overlapping at SS.

Here is also a comparison between Gamla Ullevi and the future Camp Nou. This is not 100% acurate but it gives a hint at least.
What is the UEFA capacatiy for these two stadiums?

·
Registered
951 Posts
What is the UEFA capacatiy for these two stadiums?
16.900 for Gamla Ullevi

In Göteborg there is of course also the possiblility to play at the 43.000 all-seater Ullevi Stadium. The league derbies are all gonna be played at the smaller venue but for possible UEFA games I don't know really. I hope they will move them even if the view at Ullevi is crap. It's a nice stadium in it's own way and it's possible to create a "big event" feeling there.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
16.900 for Gamla Ullevi

In Göteborg there is of course also the possiblility to play at the 43.000 all-seater Ullevi Stadium. The league derbies are all gonna be played at the smaller venue but for possible UEFA games I don't know really. I hope they will move them even if the view at Ullevi is crap. It's a nice stadium in it's own way and it's possible to create a "big event" feeling there.
Depends on the opposition I suppose, and what kind of match it is. But the Euroleague sure is promising, and will be a good opportunity for Swedish clubs to compete on the continental level. The format is better than the UEFA Cup format ever was.

As far as the capacity. I saw the Malmö - Örgryte IS match, and was very impressed, the single tier stand enhances the impression. The stadium in Göteborg is very good as well though, for the alliance clubs.

Was it officially inaugurated or was there just an opeing game before the inauguration? Congratulations in either way. Anyway two things are clear.

1) The new Malmo stadion is the best 25K stadium in the world because its construction was sponsored finacially by the best bank in the world

2) And the best bank in the world is SwedBank because it sponsored the best 25K stadium in the world financially... LOL

It sure is easy to buy your trust...

·
囧!
10,890 Posts
Here are some pics from the first game at the new Malmö Stadium as promised.

First two videos of Malmö FF's fantastic supporters;

Just after the 3-0 goal;

8 or so hours before kick-off:

Players' kits are as ready as everyone else;

Many supporters had a large corteo from Möllevången (the heart of MFF territory) to the stadium;

The players enter the field after the inauguration ceremonies;

South-east corner;

South-west corner;

West tribune;

The away fans section (not full) on the other end;

East tribune;

Milliseconds before the first goal;

...and some seconds after;

After the second goal;

And finally, an ocean of flags;

Pics by Bengt Håkansson, MFF.se and MFF-Familjen.se.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Home arena for: IFK Norrköping & IK Sleipner (swedish champions 35 times together)
Built: 1904
Former Capacity: 19 414

Back in the days:

Before the start of the reconstruction:

Under construction:

When finished:

Start: Jan 2008
Planned being finished: Sep 2009
Capacity after the rebuilding: aprox 17 000

Well, any goods or bads?
April 14th:

Soon it's finished! :)