SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
forumer #29
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd start a thread to keep all my photography that isn't directly construction-related (plus a few of the very best of those), so here goes with a few from todays walk 'round my suburb (Kista)

·
8,849 Posts
Are you going to ban everyone who doesn't like your photos? :D

Good views,I like Victoria Tower cladding and Kista Tower photos (phew,ban averted? :D),but some photos are bit blurry :-/

·
Registered
990 Posts
Really nice photos of Kista :)
especially the one´s with Kista science tower and the one over the facade of victoria tower! :cheers:

·
Registered
25,547 Posts
Good views,I like Victoria Tower cladding and Kista Tower photos (phew,ban averted? :D),but some photos are bit blurry :-/
LOL, its not a problem with pictures, it is Sweden! :lol:
Sometimes i think that Sweden is the only country that has the most grey, ugly, boxy, crappy buildings per capita, BUT it is nice to live here anyway. :D :cheers:
And i do agree, the cladding of the Victoria tower is good.

·
Registered
25,547 Posts
Would it be appropriate to call the place Stockholm's Cambridge?
Kista Science city is an ICT cluster with a big 70's district which is being transformed into something new.
I suppose, the main campus of Stockholm University is more like an analogue of Cambridge due to its location, but i may be wrong. I hope, real stockholmers can correct my mistake.

·
forumer #29
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are you going to ban everyone who doesn't like your photos? :D

;)
yeah, I'm not all that good at the camera settings needed to work with the late winter afternoon light (yet).

Kista Science city is an ICT cluster with a big 70's district which is being transformed into something new.
I suppose, the main campus of Stockholm University is more like an analogue of Cambridge due to its location, but i may be wrong. I hope, real stockholmers can correct my mistake.
I'd say Uppsala is Stockholm's Cambridge. Kista does have a serious amount of university students nowadays tho, plus all the ICT people... Kista has become the third most important station on the Blue line subway (in number of passengers).

Gut you've up'd the quality from your usual updates!:)

·
forumer #29
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'd say Sheesta is a better anglicized pronunciation guide :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts