SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
71,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticed a large MIRVAC sign atop the former Sharp House @ 55 lavender st, Milsons Point yesterday.The 83m/23st office tower from 1974 is a great location for an apartment tower.
I wonder Mirvac will keep the square modular external features?
Ive checked www.mirvac.com.au but nothing yet on project.

·
Streetwalker
7,025 Posts
Its been anticipated for sometime. I'm not one for the conversion to apartments. It would still better serve as an office tower.

·
I speak the truth
206 Posts
They should flatten it and start again. Those 70's "box"-like windows are a painful reminder as to how gawky architecture was back then.

·
:-]
887 Posts
this is cruel... on the main forum page, where it shows the most recent forum messages, it said "Mirvac to develope 55..." I was hoping to see "Mirvac to develope 55 story tower", but to no avail. bummer.

·
Registered
18,443 Posts
Rather than "develope" it, perhaps they should simply "develop" it instead. Have to admit my wee heart gave an incredulous leap at the "55", though the brain said "Nah, can't be." And, sadly, the brain was right.

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
When in North Sydney 2 days ago, I noticed a Mirvac banner near the top on its northern facade.

..and Mirvac is calling it "Latitude on Lavender Bay" :puke:

·
Jacaranda Images
1,043 Posts
You guys beat me to it announcing this one. In mid-December last year I had to move out all the IT equipment for a client of mine who were in the ground floor office space as they were asked to leave at fairly short notice.

It seems that Mirvac were eager to take the space and convert it into a sales office.

·
Registered
71,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Muse said:
When in North Sydney 2 days ago, I noticed a Mirvac banner near the top on its northern facade.

..and Mirvac is calling it "Latitude on Lavender Bay" :puke:

yeah, forgot to mention that. i had a stroll around it before xmas . i thought, oh no another latitude.lol i might contact Mirvac to ask about new design if any

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
Fabian said:
I don't think people mind it too much - the bridge only adds to the view.
For sure Fabian. A beautiful art deco bridge to view & you can watch the trains running across it too while sipping your morning coffee...

BTW A pic of the modular clad mid-70s 83m/272ft Sharp Building, taken none other than Fabian in Jan '04:

***BTW It must have been the fad for modular plastic-like cladding in the late-1960s to mid-1970s as Novell House has such cladding too (completed '72).

·
spider inside my dreams
2,639 Posts
Muse said:
***BTW It must have been the fad for modular plastic-like cladding in the late-1960s to mid-1970s as Novell House has such cladding too (completed '72).
Yes, especially in North Sydney. I've noticed a few others with the box-like windows: the old One.Tel building and another on Miller Street next to Tower Square (might be home to the ARU). My favourite is one just up from Novell; the boxes have rounded corners and there's a nice garden out the front. I think it has a domed roof, too, bit that detracts from it a bit.

·
Registered
71,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
spoke to model maker that made scale model of this new project for Mirvac. he said its basically a white bldg now with lourves. The SHARP sign stays and roof is same.
sounds horrid.

·
4,907 Posts
Just reading through some property news updates I've got from earlier in the month, and as of the 4th of March 67 contracts had been exchanged and 10 deposits taken on this project at an average price of $1.5million. The total number of apartments in the building will be 116.

·
Registered
71,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
jeeez, some people have got money! this is such a great location. views across lavender bay and right near milsons pt station

1 - 20 of 107 Posts