Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
as featured on GETAWAY last thursady night. The worlds first LINDT store is now opened in ground floor of old APA bldg on martin place/cnr Phillip street/
I went inside. its basically a place where you can buy great chocolate and sit down and eat it. mmm

heres an article from last year>
Lindt opens chocolate shop
MARIA NGUYEN

Australia is the location of the world’s first Lindt chocolate concept store and café, which will be officially launched by NSW Premier Bob Carr on November 15, and opened to the public the following day.

Situated at the site of the old Banc restaurant at 53 Martin Place in Sydney’s CBD, the Lindt store café will sell Lindt chocolates and serve a variety of chocolate-based foods such as cakes, ice-cream, pastries, special deserts and waffles.

Lindt & Sprungli Australia’s managing director Steve Loane said the cafécaters to consumers who appreciate premium chocolates, with Sydney chosen as the first concept site because of the tenfold growth Lindt has enjoyed in Australia.

“[Lindt] wanted to have something for people who really love chocolate and to cater for them across the range [of foods]. We opened an Australian office in Sydney seven years ago and since then we’ve grown by a factor of 10—Lindt is the leading premium chocolate brand in Australia and number two in the general chocolate market behind Cadbury’s with 20% market share in the boxed chocolate category,” Loane said.

In the lead up to the store opening, Lindt ran a teaser campaign through FCB Sydney featuring a giant and empty chocolate box displayed on the café’s side windows, which was gradually filled with Lindt chocolates every week.

FCB’s creative director, Michael Simons, said the agency wanted to create interest without revealing too much, and that the campaign was more PR driven, which is “absolutely right for the type of place it is”.

“It’s an upmarket establishment and it would be wrong to try too hard,” Simons said.

http://www.lindt.com/2865/2866.asp

·
selling my body since 88'
2,241 Posts
Great idea! I will have to chack it out when it opens! Their chocolate rocks!

·
5,245 Posts
zulu69 said:
Great idea! I will have to chack it out when it opens! Their chocolate rocks!
It's actually open already - I did all my easter shopping there! Was crazy crazy busy in the days leading up to Easter long weekend. :)

·
Streetwalker
7,028 Posts
I'll have to investigate because its near to me, plus I love chocolate. :yes:

·
Registered
77,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah i know its an old article. only one i could find. the website doesnt even mention Australia?lol i just walked in to it 3 weeks back but forgot to mention it and then it was on Thursdays Getaway the story was shown. netter late then never.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
also another great chocolate shop opens soon in the george st end of the strand arcade----- haighs chocolates----- australian from adelaide. a lot of people have been telling them to open in sydney for years .they hated the rents paid in shops in the cbd of sydney but seem to have changed their minds. great chocolates...some of the best made in australia.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts