SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made the annual pilgrimage to Sydney Olympic Park for the 190th annual Royal Easter Show on the weekend. 2013 also marks 15 years since the first Easter Show was held at its present location.

Unlike last year, it was hot and steamy with temperatures nudging 30 degrees when I arrived mid/late afternoon on Saturday.

One of my favourite exhibition's at the show is the produce displays produced by each region of NSW and South East Queensland.

It's amazing what the farmers can do in turning food into art.

Government displays were lame....

Am I at a royal show or a shopping centre?

Showbags galore

Here is a real sampler bag right here I think.

Stay tuned for more photos.

·
40,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is the final set of images. Most of the photos were taken from the nightly show Darcy's Quest where a young country girl wakes up in a future world where there are no animals and needs to save the world from this situation.

and the fireworks finale which was honestly too short.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Thanks Fabian. Like your photos for a variety of reasons - like to see what's happening out there, and some for artistic reasons eg the silhouetted rides.
I also love the regional exhibits - would always get teased for rushing off to see the "big pumpkins" as I call them !

·
40,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The media coverage of the Easter Show has been quite ordinary this year. I don't see many photos or feature reports. I take photos each year as my momento of the show. It will be great to look back in future decades because frankily there isn't alot of "old stuff" out there to view from show's past.

The produce displays are always one of the big drawcards of the Easter Show whether you are big or small. Amazing how you can turn some of the best produce into works of art. I have every display on camera since 2003 or thereabouts.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Nice like the chips on a stick guy.
Sorry Fabian I never got around to posting last years photos. But I went this year. Posted in the other thread.

·
40,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would have had no issues with you sharing your images here. I had a look at them and your take on the show wasgood going into aspects of the show that I didn't cover and obviously capturing the people and atmosphere. My efforts were a little more rushed though because time was against me.

Like you I have a Canon but a more basic one which obviously isn't as night friendly as yours. I don't like the fact my camera does not have a proper night shooting mode (It does have one for people though).

The guy in the photo with the chip on a stick let me have a piece. Quite tasty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts