SkyscraperCity banner

Have you visited or are you planning to visit Sydney?

• Yes, I loved it!

• Yes, but I did not like the city

• No, but I want to visit someday

• No, and I will never visit

• No, but this thread is really making me want to visit!

Results are only viewable after voting.
1 - 20 of 262 Posts

·
Premium Member
Architecture, Urban Design & Planning
11,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SYDNEY - Architecture & Places - Closed thread

This thread is an invitation to enjoy beautiful Sydney, a fascinating city that causes admiration and jealousy in many ways.

Sydney residents are truly blessed with an outdoor lifestyle thanks to the city's striking natural environment represented by countless beaches, cliffs and large harbour.

This thread will showcase Sydney, from aerial photography, skylines shots, iconic buildings of the past, present and future, building details, urban spaces and more. All pictures will be curated and carefully selected for this thread, therefore please refrain from posting pictures. I hope you enjoy.

rsepsot

Pre-pandemic Sydney

·
Premium Member
11,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

gwarchitect

Paddington Terrace Renovation
This balcony was restored to its original beauty providing the perfect escape from a busy hold

·
Premium Member
11,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

mkdarchitects

Capturing the sharp geometry, hanging planters and the phenomenal detailing of the ribbed balustrades that wrap around the tower

·
Premium Member
11,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

dannybroearchitect

NEW HOUSE IN CHATSWOOD HERITAGE AREA
The location in Chatswood is in a heritage street with federation homes along it. The house design (traditional half) adds to this history.

·
Premium Member
11,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

njn.photos

Red Cross House.

This heritage listed building is now the Australian Red Cross and transfusion centre.

It was designed by Architect Samuel Lipson in conjunction with Robertson and Marks and McCredie and built from 1937-1938 by Kell and Rigby.
Once again, typical of Sydney's CBD old and modern architecture.

·
Premium Member
11,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

hillthalisaup

Our Studio 5 Ballarat House warehouse conversion; view from the new roof terrace into the revealed roof structure & inserted mezzanine, with city skyline beyond

1 - 20 of 262 Posts