SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to start my own thread to post photos of Sydney and give you a good insight into what our city is really about!!!

Please drop by regularly to check for updates!!!

Another foggy start in Sydney yesterday (Thursday) except I was too late in getting downtown before it burned off.

Still some fog and mist at 10:30am local time yesterday.

But the best part of it is that the sun comes out and we get the awesome weather that Sydney hasnt been getting as of late.

Ta-da

·
Registered
8,497 Posts
Fabian these are technically great images. Sydney has a great setting, great weather and fabulous buidings. A little disjoint at the moment which should all be sorted out with the new 2030 vision. My recent visit however left me with the feeling and no matter how much I wanted to kid myself the feeling remained. IMO Sydney lacks soul. Something I felt in abundance in Melbourne. A great city none-the-less.

·
40,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oxford St is the meeting point for the city's very big gay community and every March one of the World's biggest gay pride parades - The Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras is staged involving 10 000 performers and attracts 500 000 people.

Darlinghurst Court House

The old Darlinghurst Police Station

Bourke St was once a major throughfare but the Eastern Distributor has turned it back into another typical suburban street. :)

Oxford Square - fab development. It was previously a hotel.

No 1 Oxford St - Was part of a plan to build highrises along Oxford St in the 1970's but the NIMBY's had it their way.

The end of the road. I'm in town

Looking back

·
40,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Martin Place.

It was once a major thoroughfare for city traffic, but it was closed off in the 1970's to create a public throughfare.

No 1 Martin Place (Old GPO)

The Centopah

ANZ

Commonwealth Bank

It's famous fountain

Ye Olde MLC Building

And it's newer, taller and slimmer brother - MLC Tower

And it's famous mushroom

As made famous by the money boxes of the Commonwealth Bank

Channel 7 (Colonial Centre)

The home of the Reserve Bank

Sydney Hospital