Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Here
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are just a collection of some snaps I took from Centrepoint. Harsh lighting, reflections, a new uncalibrated monitor and a lack of skill on my half mean they are not as good as what they could be.

Who has the bigger co.. err spire?

Pyrmont Bridge swinging open

Hyde Park

The Art Gallery of NSW with very lax security!

Garden Island and the harbour

Qantas still have signage even though they are long gone from that building

Up close and personal

This sign should be changing soon?

Not a bad view if I do say so

The Eastern Suburbs rail line overpassing the Easter Distributor motorway

The Redfern Towers in the distance

St Marys Cathedral

The convention centre

Fox Studios, the old show grounds with SCG and Aussie Stadium

Hilton Hotel

Top of the MLC building

Is this a bit of a worry?

My apartment is in that group of terracotta & brick buildings

The gay ghetto, oops i mean Oxford Street :)

A couple of people catching the winter sun, tourists no doubt?

The southern end of the CBD

Skaters at Cook Phillip park

William Street in East Sydney

Bondi Junction

Is the Centrepoint shadow about to engulf the statue of Captain Cook?!

·
Registered Abuser
2,904 Posts
Gappa likes! Gappa wants eat Redfern towers!

·
original
1,219 Posts
I'm hard to impress, especially from Centrepoint, but those are great. They would be even better all round dawn or dusk, imo.

·
Registered
12,899 Posts
Miliux....Just a little slip..(S&M).but I don't think you can see the MCG from Sydney tower :)

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
Good shots. I havent been up there in two years after I decided to not renew my tower membership. Very rare shot of the Pyrmont Bridge open.

Love this aerial of St Marys Cathedral as well. I'm teaching at the school behind the Cathedral next term, and the rooftop area (used by senior students as marked by the umbrellas) has great views of the city and Kings Cross.

·
Here
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good shots. I havent been up there in two years after I decided to not renew my tower membership. Very rare shot of the Pyrmont Bridge open.
I'd imagine with the slow down of major construction there was less to look at in recent years?

I was quite happy when I noticed the Pyrmont Bridge opening, needless to say I looked like a dumb paparazzi photographer as I took numerous shots of it in action :)

·
Registered
1,263 Posts

Pyrmont Bridge swinging open

I didnt know the bridge did that. How clever.

Hyde Park

OMG, I have an identical photo of this view from before 2000. Not much has changed by the look of it. Would like to see Oxford Street crammed with shiny new towers like Lumiere

·
Here
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OMG, I have an identical photo of this view from before 2000. Not much has changed by the look of it. Would like to see Oxford Street crammed with shiny new towers like Lumiere
I am not a fan of inner-city main streets being crammed with towers. Generally they become notorious for wind tunnels mixed with heavy shadowing, it makes them unusable at street level. Next door to Oxford at William Street or Wentworth Avenue are perfect examples.

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts

My apartment is in that group of terracotta & brick buildings

The gay ghetto, oops i mean Oxford Street :)
So you live in "Leggo Land":)

I also notice The Tilbury in that shot - one of my fav places.

I love that shot of Oxford Street - I know every inch!! I can also see about 3 friends apartments in that shot too!
(I've made it my new desktop background)

Jase

·
Here
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's only Lego land from the exterior, don't notice it from Victoria Street (thankfully).

Muse, did you know Juanita's old terrace was for sale recently? I don't know if it sold. But there were some people who were quite pissed off because they thought SCC or the state government should have bought it and turned it into a museum dedicated to those green ban events and Victoria Street protests.

·
Premium Member
9,627 Posts
What is wrong with the Tilbury? I used to live around that area and went to all the local pubs, Friscos, the Bells, Wooloomooloo Bay Hotel and the Tilbury. As I remember it the Tilbury was the most arty of them, it seemed like an OK place.

They are shockers those legoland units, but they must be great places to live for the views. Reminds me of the story of French Novelist Guy de Maupassant who claimed to hate the Eiffel tower, but had lunch at the Tower's restaurant every day. When asked why, he answered that it was the one place in Paris where you couldn't see the Tower.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts