SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been great recently with lots of foggy mornings.
some pix from flickr

only the tallest survive

the bridge always looks awesome in fog

·
All the way with PJK
921 Posts
Fog was forecast for this morning, so I awoke at 5am and went into the city. Grrrr. No fog.

Great photos you posted though. The Cove one looks brilliant

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
It wasn't as thick as it normally would be but still a good sight.

We didn't much fog at Sylvania yesterday but managed to get some shots locally before it disappeared around 7:30am.

Impressive shots though. Love the one of the sun rays trying to poke through Cove and Grosvenor Place.

·
Registered
76,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its really foggy this morning. i dont think ive ever seen it as foggy?
i walked across Sydney square and couldnt see ANY of lumiere. maybe next few hours should be good for piccies.all watercraft on harbour have stopped. amazing sight.

·
Registered
76,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
taken at 8;30. fog was lifting

ghost tower
if you look hard you can see the turret

·
New Nottingham!
11,919 Posts
Sydney Opera House looks awesome in the fog. Foggy days are the best when the fog starts to lift it looks brilliant.
I especially love it in England as the weather is usually very cold but very crisp and fresh once the fog has lifted with bright sunshine and frost on the ground.

·
25,821 Posts
I'm still amazed they don't install autoland facilities at KSI? Surely it is damaging to have all these aircraft being diverted to Melbourne or Brisbane 5 times a year or how ever often this occurs.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I assumed that the airport had an instrument guidance system.

That's why I thought it was very illogical diverting the planes because they could just perform an instrument landing.

Makes sense to install one...

·
25,821 Posts
^^It has an instrument guidance system or ILS. But it doesn't have a high enough certification to conduct an auto-land. It is technically possible, but also illegal.

It's all about the money!!!

·
Registered Abuser
2,903 Posts
OMG The Fog lives in Sydney! That is like so cool! I like so totally want to meet him and have like a million of his babies.

Also Sydney looks good even when you can't see her. Damn fine, damn fine.

·
Registered
76,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

1 - 14 of 14 Posts