Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
All the way with PJK
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, they're wee hours for me! 6am-8am.

Crescents abound.

The Quay.

Layers of horizons.

Toy ferry.

Triptych.

Deliveries.

Gap.

The Astor.

Broken latch.

Security grills.

Lomo'd Gov' Macquarie.

Bloom.

Distant mist.

OMFG!

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
excellent shots....
I love that medium rise tower in front of AMP...what is it?
And....Aurora...wow...still the best skyscraper in Oz.

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Superb...

·
All the way with PJK
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mickeebee, I think the building you are talking about is also the AMP building - It's the building with the curved gold façade you are referring to, right?

Ta everyone!

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Mickeebee, I think the building you are talking about is also the AMP building - It's the building with the curved gold façade you are referring to, right?

Ta everyone!
Yep...I'm surprised Wallpaper* magazine haven't done a story on it yet.
Fantastic.

·
Registered Abuser
2,904 Posts
I'm running out of adjectives to praise you with Mr PK. How about this little fella instead :master:?

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Jesus Christ! I wish I could take pictures like you Tony, but unfotunately i'm nothing more than a painted, perfumed gigolo when it comes to photography.

:cheers:

·
Here
6,589 Posts
Great shots Tony, mornings are my favourite time to take photos thanks to the artificial and natural lighting.

This photo almost looks like a model boat.

·
Aussie Aussie Aussie
@a.j.wilko
1,089 Posts
^^ It's a trick.

Beautiful colouring!

Havn't seen a sunrise personally myself apart from crawling home after a hard night at a club or whatever.

·
All the way with PJK
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks everyone!

Wilco, the 'toy boat' came actually out that way in the original. I didn't do any 'tilt-shift' photoshop tricks at all on that one, though I can see how that effect did occur naturally. The camera focus is pretty much on the bottom right corner of the boat, the depth of field (and camera shake) makes everything above it (background) blurry, and the water in the foreground seems blurry as well due to the slight time lapse as well as the ferry wash. In the tilt shift photoshop trick, you're meant to blur the foreground and the background as part of the overall effect.

I just got lucky, though now I think it could be replicated within a few attempts with, say, boats in the water... or people standing near the epicentre of S-wave earthquakes. :)

Coneslammer, I feel the same way in the company of Mugley, The Olderfleet, Invincible, The Collector, Entity119, Uewepuep, Miliux, Velco and most people on Flickr... I'm a charade, a charlatan, a four-flusher, a flimflam... :)

·
Registered
77,323 Posts
best time of day. especially for photos.
cool tony

·
Mainland Sea & Sky
6,242 Posts
Quite impressive moment - much appreciated !

1 - 20 of 28 Posts