SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
selling my body since 88'
2,241 Posts
Last week

Nice pic of Kent house. Had 2 years of Spanish lessons in it. Fun fact of the day; it's the 2nd tallest wooden structured scraper in the world. The tallest is also in Sydney but i forget which on it is.

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
If you head further east along Liverpool Street, you can snare a better shot of Kent House. The monorail track wrecks the vista.

Good to see the crowds teaming along George Street. The recent revival of city retailing has helped bring the people back into town. :)

·
Registered
77,010 Posts
great snaps aussiebouy

zulu-correct-the tallest timber framed highrise is the 1914 REID HOUSE cnr york/king sts. first 6floors built 1906.
10st/45m.

·
40,696 Posts
I remember during World Youth Day, how good George Street was without vehicles at all, and Sydney coped quite well.

It did sound eerie without the noise that the vehicles would generate. I had the same feelings when the bus strike was held 12 months ago.

·
selling my body since 88'
2,241 Posts
^^Nah in my experience it's the exact opposite.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
good mix of heritage and contemporary design in sydney.

I find darling harbour quite ugly and desperately in need of a make over...such a concrete jungle

·
40,696 Posts
You will be impressed with the area surrounding Tumbalong Park once the new Commonwealth Bank complex is opened.

The retail offerings at Harbourside are quite disappointing not to mention overpriced.

Darling Harbour has always had great places to eat and drink and only gets better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts