SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Most pics taken by CULWULLA, unless otherwise specified.

Links take to current last page of project thread @ time of posting.

33 Bligh Street - 188m, 219 to spire (Approved)

It will have a 50m/164ft atrium @ its podium:

John Boyd Tower @ 163 Castlereagh St @ 46 Floors, 188m (Proposed)

Meriton Tower - 48 Floors, 170m (u/c) (Harry Seidler & Associates Design)

Regent Place: lumiere @ 47 Floors, 151m & Fraser Suites @ 35 Floors, 114m (u/c) (Foster & Partners' Design)

c/- Aussie Steve

Regent Place & Meriton Tower under construction by CULWULLA

Westfield Towers - 32 Floors, 150m (Proposed)

Aspect - 43 Floors, 150m (u/c)

Mid City Centre @ 34 Floors, 140m (Approved) (Bates Smart Design)

403 Pitt Street @ 40 Floors, 130m (Approved)

Stamford Marque @ 27 Floors, 88m (u/c)

Mosaic @ 26 Floors, 87m (u/c)

East Darling Harbour 1 x 190m+ / 1x130m / 1x120m / 1x100m / 2x90m / 2x70m / 2x50m (Design Stage) - Concept render/s only

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Torch said:
What's happend to the Photograph Building ?
Is it under construction ?
Torch, do you mean the one titled "Regent Place & Meriton Tower under construction by CULWULLA"? If not, which one do you mean?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Muse said:
Torch. Do you mean the one titled "Regent Place & Meriton Tower under construction by CULWULLA"? If so, can't you see it? ie this one?

^^ If it's not this one Torch, which one do you mean?

I'm searching for a building which facade was designed like an famous photograph. I couldn't say if it's the "Regent Place & Meriton Tower" or not.
But i think it wasn't that high! The buildings i mean is located in the neighbourhood of Westpac Place!

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Torch said:
I'm searching for a building which facade was designed like an famous photograph. I couldn't say if it's the "Regent Place & Meriton Tower" or not.
But i think it wasn't that high! The buildings i mean is located in the neighbourhood of Westpac Place!
I see. You meant the 15 level "Dupain" which is not going ahead now due to the East Darling Harbour development
(the grey concept towers @ the end of the first post). Dupain would be hidden by the towers and just be a waste.
It was designed before they were announced.

Based on a photograph known as "Bondi" by Max Dupain:

The towers of East Darling Harbour will start where the low white-roofed shed is:

Instead we're getting a 45m low-riser for The Macquarie Bank with a large footprint, along with a new 50m American Express Building,
both under construction: King Street Wharf Development

American Express Tower:

Small render with veritcal features:

Recent pic by Archibomber:

Macquarie Bank:

Pics by CULWULLA:

·
Banned
388 Posts
lol :lol:
sydney and australia overall oozes mediocrity,i mean look at those towers in the CBD they are just so bland.dont get me wrong i love this city just as much as my place of birth and always i've always defended it with vigour,but it always dissapoints me with it's tall-poppy syndrome.the entire city council with clover moore should be abolished and also frank sartor :gunz: .these guys are a disgrace to city planning.they should start appointing young red blooded people with a more forward looking attitude towards future development.
if this continues then god knows what will happen to this beautiful city :(

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
cyborg81 said:
sydney and australia overall oozes mediocrity,i mean look at those towers in the CBD they are just so bland.dont get me wrong i love this city just as
I think that's truer for the past & a lot of architects have understood this since, therefore have made an effort to come up with "better" (for want of a better word) designs over the last few years. 10 years ago, Sydney was pretty much a city of "flat-tops".

Here are some smaller projects earmarked for the Sydney CBD 50m+< ...

Gloucester Street Apartments - 84m (Proposed)

11-15 Alberta Street Apartments - 63m (Approved)

83 Goulburn Street - 55m (Proposed)

257 Clarence Street - 53m (Approved)

Taragon Central - 53m (u/c)

...and for another render: Taragon Central

185 Macquarie Street - 52m (u/c)

485 Wattle Street - 52m (u/c)

503 Kent Street - 51m (u/c)

Park Central - 50m (Approved)

Pic by Fabian:

Sourced by papervagina:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
nice... no super-tall, but at least these will add substance and density to the city...

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
Some great designs. I like 33 Bligh Street; holes in a building usually are meaningless but this design gives that idea a good purpose (sunlight at streetlevel I assume).

1 - 20 of 29 Posts