SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Great photos fab.

Sorry to highjack your thread...But people posting source images straight off the camera is starting to annoy me. Everyone is doing it lately and there is just no extra detail in these giant photos. Just more noise and artifacts. :(

·
PTnut
588 Posts
uewepuep said:
Great photos fab.

Sorry to highjack your thread...But people posting source images straight off the camera is starting to annoy me. Everyone is doing it lately and there is just no extra detail in these giant photos. Just more noise and artifacts. :(
Mr Fancy-Shmancy-DSLR lashing out, eh? :lol:

Well, I agree. I have a compact digicam, but I'm willing to admit my 5MP shots look pretty shite at full size... Although cleaning up some of the noise and artefacts can help, but really it's the camera's fault. Prevention is better then cure.

·
skyscraper connoisseur
6,206 Posts
Yes, please reduce the size around 800 pixel horizontal length. Other then that, they're pretty good photos. Need to work on the composition a bit more, but you got the colour well.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
yeah great photo fabian. AMP building is looking good there - nice that you focused on the "textures" rather than the shape. it's a great one. Also, great shots of Grosvenor - one of my favs. Also Grosvenor and Cove.

I must agree with the others though. Any shots posted bigger than screen size is just annoying. unless you have the odd crazy panorama. Your photos would look better if they coudl be seen without scrolling. :D

top shots as usual!

By the way - does AMP still have an observation deck open to the public???

·
Mainland Sea & Sky
6,242 Posts
Great pics !

·
Registered
77,024 Posts
Anton said:
yeah great photo fabian. AMP building is looking good there - nice that you focused on the "textures" rather than the shape. it's a great one. Also, great shots of Grosvenor - one of my favs. Also Grosvenor and Cove.

I must agree with the others though. Any shots posted bigger than screen size is just annoying. unless you have the odd crazy panorama. Your photos would look better if they coudl be seen without scrolling. :D

top shots as usual!

By the way - does AMP still have an observation deck open to the public???
the ob deck closed way back in 69 soon after aussie sq took over.shame. i think its a great spot even now to go up and have a geek. 105m up is a good height to look down & UP at growing sydney.

·
Premium Member
9,537 Posts
I think the size problem is with image shack, I have been having the same problems recently, you try and post pics at 17" size, and they sometimes come out huge.

Love the Harbour Bridge, the view up George Street, the AWA radio mast and that curved 60's scraper at Circular Quay.

·
Galactic Ruler
6,857 Posts
Great pics Fabian, love some of the building detail and some of the street shots are fantastic. Thanks for sharing.

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Aussie Bhoy said:
I think the size problem is with image shack, I have been having the same problems recently, you try and post pics at 17" size, and they sometimes come out huge.

Love the Harbour Bridge, the view up George Street, the AWA radio mast and that curved 60's scraper at Circular Quay.
It is imageshack. The photos do upload to their size (800 by 600), but when they are posted they come out big for some reason.

I've noticed with photos with another thread did readjust themselves back to the 800 by 600 that they were intended to be.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts