Countdown to Winter Cherishing the last days of Autumn. :cheers:
BTW: Don't steal it! :bash:

Random stuff. The Domain Carpark

Pics below are all handheld. Brought to you by Nikkor VR technology :D

That's all folks!

·
Jacaranda Images
1,043 Posts
Handheld and you resolved stars (last pic) - man that's amazing!

Autumn (and spring) sunsets are such a magic time, I have a few pics on film during this magic hour, but alas, I need a scanner to do them justice.

Top shots though - but what is this "VR" technology you mentioned - is it an image stabiliser in the lens (Like Canon's "IS" technology)?

·
skyscraper connoisseur
6,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gazmo said:
Handheld and you resolved stars (last pic) - man that's amazing!

Autumn (and spring) sunsets are such a magic time, I have a few pics on film during this magic hour, but alas, I need a scanner to do them justice.

Top shots though - but what is this "VR" technology you mentioned - is it an image stabiliser in the lens (Like Canon's "IS" technology)?
Yeah. I didn't take my tripod that day but didn't deter me from taking some shots.

VR means vibration reduction...similar as Canon's IS but more effective because it can do 3 stops down compared to Canon's 2 stops.

·
Its a sleepy little town
3,883 Posts
Matix you are too 'protective' over your pics.

You go insane if anyone uses them in any thread....

I put this to u:
If you dont want them used then dont put them on the net

Anyway onto the pics.

The last closup on the Opera house is the best one. The one of the opera house and bridge is too blurred (in ur handhelds) but the one above that of the same thing is good.

Dont invert colours on pics, it dosnt make them better...

·
skyscraper connoisseur
6,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You're tredding on an unsteady platform there Malt. Copyright belongs to the photographer who takes it. That's the end of it.

·
Its a sleepy little town
3,883 Posts
No, you see, theres no way you can stop people using your images. No way.

The best you can do is put a big fat watermark on them with the URL to your site..
And selll the unwatermarked, high quality versions.

Dont be so naive as to think anyone cares about copyright laws.
And there is also no way you would be retarded enough as to actually sue someone (unless they were making profits, of course) .. if u did i would have to shoot u in the knee cap.

·
skyscraper connoisseur
6,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well they ain't gonna make money out of it, that's for sure. What's your point posting it? I know ya wanna stir up trouble, but don't act like a knob and post here about it.

·
Its a sleepy little town
3,883 Posts
I posted it because you posted a series of pictures and tell people not to use them.
I posted it because in the past you have gone as far as to pm someone (prob alot of people) for using one of your pictures to promote sydney, withing the SSC forums.
Your easily the only person on here who does this, and I felt justified to comment on it.

Do not turn this into an arguement full of insults Matix, It was a simple, and truthful comment.

I can understand you complaining if people were stealing your photos and selling them. Or some major website (travel/promotions) was using them for their own gain.

But someone reposting them in forums is nothing to be concerned about.

Edit:
Practical suggestion:
Watermark your pics and decrease their size. Sell the originals?
Ive seen many photographers do this

·
skyscraper connoisseur
6,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
WTF? Grow up! Mind your own buisness what i do with my pic.

Seriously, grow up. Act like an adult. Don't act like a wanker trying to prove your point with wittiness and stupid illistration. Don't EVER tell me what to do with my photos or make any other suggestions for that matter. That's just plain rude and inconsiderate.

I don't mind if people use it in forum but not sourcing it as if it's theirs is another issue. Especially those people who save it in their hard drive and show it off as if it's theirs. Just what GORAN did. Had to show my original but couldn't read his PM because he got banned...yet again.

·
Jacaranda Images
1,043 Posts
3 stops? Far out, no wonder you got stars! That shot could only of been achieved with a tripod if I didn't now know better.

Matixvolta said:
Yeah. I didn't take my tripod that day but didn't deter me from taking some shots.

VR means vibration reduction...similar as Canon's IS but more effective because it can do 3 stops down compared to Canon's 2 stops.

·
skyscraper connoisseur
6,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
It's Nikon D70. DSLR.

I used Nikkor AF-S 24-120mm 3.5-5.6G VR ED lens

I used an ISO value between 1000 and 1250.

I call it a multi-purpose lens. :D This is my primary lens when i shoot clubs/raves parties.

·
selling my body since 88'
2,241 Posts
Amazing pics. Love the lighting of the SOH, its so nice and elegant.

·
Its a sleepy little town
3,883 Posts
If your gonna be an asshole to me for making useful suggestion, i wont censor my replies about your pictures.

For someone with such a good camera you somehow manage to take rather unimpressive pictures. There are good IDEAS in there but you fail to execute them well.

I suggest you buy a Tripod and actually FRAME you pictures.
And that one that i liked (the proportions in the Verticle shot of the harbour bridge)
It is tilted, blurry and too far to the left.

___
I had originally typed something full of obcenities because you piss me off. But i toned it down and made it nicer...
Take a photography class fool.

·
skyscraper connoisseur
6,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Malt said:
If your gonna be an asshole to me for making useful suggestion, i wont censor my replies about your pictures.
Who are you to judge my accreditation and knowledge of photography? Yes, I am a trained photographer. Finished course for Nikoninan School of Photography and now moving to Australia Photographic Collage at Oxford St.

I would suggest you mind your own buisness and say something more constructive instead of insulting people's intelligence.

The end.

·
Its a sleepy little town
3,883 Posts
It was constructive.
If you want constructivenes.... FINE.

Let me just say first off this:
I would not guess that they were taken with a D70. They appear to be small resolution, and even at that size have noticable noise (usually not a problem, especially when printing, but for a D70 at this much resizing it shouldnt be happening)

Pics:

1) There appears not to be any real focus, and the image appears disproportioned. Most of the action is on the bottom left leaving the top and right looking empty (unbalanced). Having the 2 buildings as a slight border effect is a good idea but it was too unbalanced.

2) This is infact a good idea, and quite artistic. Despite the noise issue as with all of them, there is pretty much nothing you could have done better. (The closest light does overexpose a bit but as stated, no real way to prevent that.

3) A seeming lack of focus, and the color is a bit bland (not that u could really control what the colors look like... But you could have increased the saturation in post)

4) I like the effect youve got of the 3 buildings 'stepping up' on the hill... But the foreground clashes with the background (Lights and close buildings clash with the main focus of the buildings) instead of compliment.

5) Looks off centre. Cant find anything wrong with the technique so thats a plus, but your choice of location? focus? somehting is off.

6 and 7) Ive already expressed my dislike of the inverted photos.... moving on

8) The colors are very nice... But the photo is for some reason very blurry. Either your auto focus stuffed up or you tried to manual focus?.... Probably also could have framed it better (Moved the pic more to the right)...

9) I like the tree silhouette but the skyline detracts from the tree..... and it looks like a random point and shoot shot. I dont know what the actual focus was.. The tree or the skyline, but it seems confused.

10) A good photo overall. Probably should have rotated it clockwise a little in post, and also cropped some of the left hand side off (unbalanced around the bridge)

-------The following are all blurry, im posting that at the top so i dont have to repeat it each time ---------

11) This would be my fvourite shot idea, but its unfortunate it came out tilted and blurry. The proportions are cool, very post cardy. Should probaly have taken it the same way u took the rest.

12) Only pick i would have (apart from blur) is that you should have had it a bit further to the right... other than that good pic.

13) This shot is badly framed.... lol. sorry... I personally would have taken another one further to the right and then stitched them afterwards.. just so the bridge wasnt cut off and the photo didnt look incomplete.

14) The angle is wrong, and you have again taken it to far to the left.

Summary:
Overall they honestly arent bad pictures but i would expect more from a D70 in the hands of someone who claims to have taken lessons. (Just look at people with similarly good cameras... uewepuep and Defec8r)

That constructive enough for you? I have tried to tell you how each pic could be improved... and HOPEFULLY you will take this into account next time and come back with imprived photos.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts