Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I spent the weekend just gone by in Sydney - while I took my DSLR, I didn't use it, as it was meant to be my relaxing weekend away... and carrying a DSLR with multiple lenses around a busy city gets old fast. So I used Instagram on my iPhone instead.

and this one flying back in to the Gold Coast :)

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Hope you enjoyed yourself. The first weekend of Vivid festival is a great time to see Sydney, the city really is at its best.

·
Registered
13,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a great time! Certainly got a new appreciation for the city and its economic might, though I didn't really leave the city/Woolloomooloo.

Vivid was incredible though. A bit disappointed I didn't get to see much going on with the Opera House besides some girl and guy move their arms - though I suppose there's always next year!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Great shots of the Emerald City! You captured it really nicely! Envious of where you're staying. Hope you enjoyed your trip.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
A bit disappointed I didn't get to see much going on with the Opera House besides some girl and guy move their arms - though I suppose there's always next year!
Yeah I am a bit disappointed with what's on the Opera House this year. What a view you had from your room though!

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
And you treated t0o some marvellous weather on Saturday as well. :)

I was hoping you would get some on your DLSR but your instagram shots are great overall.

Also I noticed that you stayed at the Bayview Boulevard. Excellent views from your room.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Yeah I am a bit disappointed with what's on the Opera House this year. What a view you had from your room though!
Great shots taken on a particlarly nice weekend.

The Vivid lightshow on the old Customs House after 6.00PM is amazing, it changes every minute or so. The precise way the moving pictures are set out on the various architectural features of the building is wonderful to behold. Hope you get to see it next year.

·
Registered
13,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And you treated t0o some marvellous weather on Saturday as well. :)

I was hoping you would get some on your DLSR but your instagram shots are great overall.

Also I noticed that you stayed at the Bayview Boulevard. Excellent views from your room.
The weather was stunning every day I was there! Bit windy and cold, but I loved every second of it.

I took some shots from the hotel room with the DSLR, but none of the city streets - which I'm kicking myself about now, but gives me another excuse to go back soon!

The view was excellent, when I walked into the room I was basically without words. And the hotel is reasonably priced too, all things considering.

Here's a few from the DSLR I did manage to grab :)

sadly imgur doesn't upload the photos in 100% quality. :S

1 - 9 of 9 Posts