SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Yeah, there's a heap of work going on at Casula with the intersection of the M5 and M7... I'll try and get some pics in the future....

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
I drove through the location of the "spaghetti" interchange at Eastern Creek last night. Unfortunately I was too focused on driving the car to pay attention to what was happening (and chatting with a friend of mine). What I can say is that The bridge that will carry M7 traffic over the M4 is progressing fairly well atm

They were hard at it late last night at 11pm.

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
hornetfig said:
The main deck bridge ought be almost complete. The lower level of flyover ramps are due to start next month
Thats what I saw. I was going to say that I didn't notice any of the flyover ramps either. I thought the Pylons that support the bridge deck were massive. :)

·
Registered
820 Posts
I'm well aware of the official website, I thought someone might be able to get some more current photos - they only have 3 photos in the last 6 months.

I know what's happenening with the northern connection to the M2 but I haven't managed to get down south.

·
Registered
533 Posts
^ OK. UR right, the site does have low resolution photos, and their files are quite old. I was trying to find current photos of the M7/M5 interchange and thought a golf course on the western side (Ash and Kurrajong roads) would be good instead of wasting the green corridor along Maxwell Creek.> perhaps be 'after plan' :)

·
Registered
820 Posts
hornetfig said:
and they're in the order of 1MB each and not terribly accurate, or useful for that matter...
Well anything on that website is just for PR purposes - they're just supposed to be indicative of where on/off ramps are. Obviously they can't post the proper engineering drawings. I've only seen those for the M2/M7 connection and clearly the two don't resemble each other at all.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
well, if you compare it to the maps section of the website, or indeed the Mitcham-Frankston website, then they're just patently bad...

You don't necessarily want the actual CAD drawings, but you want a tarted-up version based on them, not something that doesn't even necessarily bear any good resemblance to the actual design. The M5-M7 one is the worst.

·
Lacking an Akubra!
4,546 Posts
smeghead said:
It's a stack next to a diamond. And hornetfig, your point is an interesting one re the need for a double fork AD sign.
Syd-HK, by double fork, he means one of these signs:
I Know the one, Its The Western Fwy/Centenary Hwy In Brisbane. Fig tree pocket and Moggill Rds exits.

·
selling my body since 88'
2,241 Posts
The project is massive in all respects. Hopefully it will achieve what it was set out to do. Either way, it can only add to the roads. Hopefully a fully electronic system could be introduced to all tolls esp the bridge. It would def help out.
Here are some pics from the
site...

now if something of this scale was undetaken for rail, i reckon all Sydney's traffic problems would be as good as gone. I can see that happening in the near future tho..

·
Registered
533 Posts
Ausway is a great street directory! Its a Melbourne based company. > Should try to expand its products to Brisbane PERTH AND NEWCASTLE.

·
Яandwicked
690 Posts
Q-TIP said:
Ausway is a great street directory! Its a Melbourne based company. > Should try to expand its products to Brisbane PERTH AND NEWCASTLE.
And Adelaide, Darwin, Singapore, London, Paris, New York and LA. They are the best street directories in the world. They should expand overseas.

·
Registered
820 Posts
zulu69 said:
Hopefully a fully electronic system could be introduced to all tolls esp the bridge. It would def help out.
That will happen relatively soon. The Harbour tunnel is set to go electronic soon, although we've heard plans for that for some time now and they keep extending it. The M2 will almost certainly do it once the M7 and Lane Cove Tunnel have opened. Cross City Tunnel obviously opens soon and will be fully electronic.
Then you've just got M4, M5 and bridge.
And clearly any new roads (M4 east, M2-M7 link, M6) will be fully electronic.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Randwicked said:
And Adelaide, Darwin, Singapore, London, Paris, New York and LA. They are the best street directories in the world. They should expand overseas.
I never used to believe this, but after sampling a recent Sydways street directory, I concur... meanwhile, the M7 interchange at the Crossroads is going gangbusters.. There's flyovers all over the place! :lol: looks cool...

21 - 40 of 159 Posts