SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
fro said:
...meanwhile, the M7 interchange at the Crossroads is going gangbusters.. There's flyovers all over the place! :lol: looks cool...
You mean like this? Below pic from today's Sydney Morning Herald of the M7 & M4 Interchange :eek: BTW They better get a move on if it's to open April next year lol

·
All the way with PJK
921 Posts
^^

Did they stop supplying breaks in cars or something? Why can't you people stop at a set of lights for 2 minutes like normal people?

·
Insert text here:
1,228 Posts
what? you mean like why are they making all of those ramps and stuff but no traffic lights insted ( being cheaper ) ?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Grantus said:
what? you mean like why are they making all of those ramps and stuff but no traffic lights insted ( being cheaper ) ?
If that's the question, it needn't be dignified with a response.

·
Registered
820 Posts
No, not you. I'm not quite sure I understand Tony's point. Is he asking why we don't put traffic lights on freeway interchanges? If so, my previous response applies to that question.

·
Galactic Ruler
6,855 Posts
Well its been standard practice in Australia to not even bother with interchanges.

I think it is embarrassing that it has taken us this long for a spaghetti junction freeway interchange. We are so used to being dumped directly on arterial roads via lights this is a totally new concept hmm one the world found decades ago. What is wrong with Australia?

·
Insert text here:
1,228 Posts
ok now its making sense. I can undertand why he asked it now.. Why do they make these spaghetti junctions? I can understand it makes the traffic flow alot easyer and non stop, but what is actually wrong with waiting a couple of mins at a set of traffic lights? It must cost alot of money for these juntions to be put in when traffic lights would be a way cheaper option.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Because it's a freeway-freeway interchange. It wouldn't be a freeway by definition if there were traffic lights. Why contribute to congestion by putting more traffic lights in?

·
Galactic Ruler
6,855 Posts
Grantus said:
ok now its making sense. I can undertand why he asked it now.. Why do they make these spaghetti junctions? I can understand it makes the traffic flow alot easyer and non stop, but what is actually wrong with waiting a couple of mins at a set of traffic lights? It must cost alot of money for these juntions to be put in when traffic lights would be a way cheaper option.
Correction traffic lights dont make traffic flow AT ALL!

Why do you think our roads and freeways are so up the shit compared with every developed nation on earth?

·
Galactic Ruler
6,855 Posts
I wish they'd open a spaghetti factory and start making special order spaghetti dishes all over the city.

·
Registered
175 Posts
That pic is cool, looks like syd is getting some LA style roads. I take it that there will be more of these junctions along the M7 but not as big as that or are they planning more?

·
Sydney - Go Higher
8 Posts
No Traffic Lights entering / exiting Motorways / Freeways

Could not agree more with Avatar - It's about time that we have interchages and entry / exit point to Motorways / Freeway "Traffic Light" Free. I travelled extensively overseas, and in particular in Italy where there are no Trafic Lights interchanging with Freeways - Let's hope that this is the start of thing to come

·
Galactic Ruler
6,855 Posts
Muse said:
Have you seen the Western Distributor lately? :nuts:
LOL well yes there is that interchange but to be honest, it's a big mess esp for west-bound traffic. The E-Tag is helping traffic flow now which is of benefit. The western distrubutor spews crap all over the place - into glebe, pyrmont and beyond. Most of it ends in our favoured traffic lights somewhere. This new interchange is a step way above the WD. It's exciting we are now getting better planned, high speed interchanges in Aust.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Tony P said:
^^

Did they stop supplying breaks in cars or something? Why can't you people stop at a set of lights for 2 minutes like normal people?
Im bewildered with ur apparent infatuating comments, the entire purpose of this program is clearly to reduce traffic congestion, if your looking for some sort of vindication you seem to have failed flowlessly and indefinately.

P.

·
Sydney - Go Higher
8 Posts
Principes said:
Im bewildered with ur apparent infatuating comments, the entire purpose of this program is clearly to reduce traffic congestion, if your looking for some sort of vindication you seem to have failed flowlessly and indefinately.

P.
You have no Clue and you don't know what your talking about - Traffic Lights cause cars to stop which measns more pollution - Like I indicated earlier, travel to world - It obvioursly sounds that you have not travelled

41 - 60 of 159 Posts