SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
^^
WRONG...Australia is the third most italian populated nation through immigration but Sydney isnt the city with the most italian migrants in Australia.

I studied this...

·
Registered
69 Posts
mic said:
^^
WRONG...Australia is the third most italian populated nation through immigration but Sydney isnt the city with the most italian migrants in Australia.

I studied this...
and which is? your city or brisbane?

·
Banned
1,021 Posts
BastardWorld said:
The Most Italian Immigration Destination after Sao Paulo and Buenos Aires
I would have thought that New York has the most people of Italian descent outside of Italy. For that matter, Boston and Philadelphia, whose metros to my knowledge are large than Sydney's or Melbourne's, both have a huge percentage of residents with Italian heritage.

·
Registered
22 Posts
That opera house looks so small and poor there. I've been always thinking it's a lot of bigger. Very nice photos though and that bridge is awesome. I would like to see some more.

·
Galactic Ruler
6,857 Posts
Just for everyone's interest, they were taken from the top floor of Grosvenor Place.

LOL at small and poor, that ferry in front of it is rather large you know, The Sydney Opera House is not small and certainly not poor, it cost a small country's GDP to builld ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I didn't mean it's poor in negative way, sorry. In Finnish "poor" doesn't sound that negative. I think "lonely" is a better word. And quite small because I have been thinking it's bigger. I don't understand why you guys made this so big thing that everyone is telling worse and worse jokes here. It's definitely one of my favourite buildings in the world. Of course that angle makes it looks smaller, but
I compared it with those other buildings there and it looked smaller than I thought. For example in this this photo it looks so huge.

Hope you guys understand. Of course it's wonderful building and I love its design, it isn't that easy to find correct words if you aren't a native speaker. ;-)

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
LLoydGeorge said:
I would have thought that New York has the most people of Italian descent outside of Italy. For that matter, Boston and Philadelphia, whose metros to my knowledge are large than Sydney's or Melbourne's, both have a huge percentage of residents with Italian heritage.
Maybe he's referring to actual immigrants, and not people who parents or grandparents or great grandparents immigrated.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts