Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Here
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All of these photos were all taken at the same time, either from Glebe, Rozelle or Balmain East.

Anzac Bridge

Uniquely Sydney shot

The lone soldier

Having the marina infront of the buildings reminds me of photos of Auckland.

Two bridges

North Sydney skyline doesn't look as dense from this angle

Luna Park

An anti-development union banner

The northern CBD

Kings Street Wharf

Closed off Balmain ferry terminal

You would think the homes attached to these jetties would be large and expensive. But if you look at the boats, they are small and shabby, oddly enough just like their owner's houses.

Pyrmont apartments, not my style at all. But I like the bridge cables strung behind them.

Pyrmont Wharfs

Darling Harbour Zoo in the background

Glass

It's good they added some colour to the ugly freeway overpasses

Pyrmont

A quick and dirty panorama of the CBD from the west that was done without a tripod. Unfortunately because the Balmain Ferry Terminal was close I couldn't include the Harbour Bridge or North Sydney.

·
Registered
77,348 Posts
great stuff ipggi.

·
spider inside my dreams
2,639 Posts
Westpac looks so great in the pano - that has got to be its best angle. It's funny how Cove looks like an extension of Grosvenor Place, too. Nice work, bro.

·
City Reformist
5,263 Posts
beautiful! Sydney is the city in Australia. If I have money, I'd like to move there. My other concern is the racism riot recently and the wild fire previous years.

·
Here
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well the wild fires are only a problem if you live in the bush areas, which contary to popular belief, doesn't effect most of Sydney. You are never going to see a bush fire ravishing the CBD like the flood did to New Orleans.

As for the riots, well the one thing international news does well is broadcast reactionary footage but often fail to explain the reasons, the sides or the aftermath of events.

Take the French and Belgium riots of last year. All what most non-europeans heard about were that unruly mobs of people running around burning cars with the police unable to stop them. Does that mean I would be scared to go to Paris or live there today? No of cause not.

·
Registered
77,348 Posts
teddybear said:
beautiful! Sydney is the city in Australia. If I have money, I'd like to move there. My other concern is the racism riot recently and the wild fire previous years.
with the riots, they happened 30km south of the city in Cronulla. and as for the fires, they happen away from the city where the bush is. the NSW fire brigade are pretty sufficent and save houses 99% of the time.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
So im gussing the KPMG sinage one the blue stripy tower (not sure of the name) has been changed to HBOS - didn't realise Halifax Bank of Scotland had a presence in Australia.

·
Here
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
rickster2k said:
So im gussing the KPMG sinage one the blue stripy tower (not sure of the name) has been changed to HBOS - didn't realise Halifax Bank of Scotland had a presence in Australia.
The Bank of Scotland have been in operation in Australia (mainly in Western Australia) for over a decade now. Though previously under the brand of Bankwest which they bought out in 1995. In 2003 after Halifax Group merged they bought out all the outstanding Bankwest shares and it became a wholly-owned subsidiary.

http://www.hbosaustralia.com.au/History_of_HBOS_Australia/

·
Registered
20,003 Posts
Teddybear: the media has to make it look "dramatic", of course! I saw the CNN and BBC World reportage of the Cronulla riots and they made it look like the heart of Sydney had descended into anarchy which is a total nonsense.
The same with bushfires: hysterical friends phone from overseas and interrupt my calm enjoyment of summer, but their tv news showed shots that made it look like Sydney was on fire - all bullshit.
There are areas of Boston, New York, SF, LA, Paris, London and, maybe even Vancouver that are a bloody sight scarier than anything Sydney can produce.
Come visit: you'll love it.

·
Banned
702 Posts
sUPER Sexy pics, like very good anglkes there!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts