SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
76,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the prize goes to the 40m/9st (Key College House) or Tyne bldg on Wentworth Ave. The 1925 former warehouse is currently empty. The heritage bldg would look ok if it got refurbed.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I was up in Kings Cross at the weekend and noticed that there are two buildings directly east of the old Millenium Hotel tower ( recently converted to apartments) that are empty and gutted and seem to be in the process of being refurbed.
One is a 10-12 storey old communist grey looking office tower that sits right behind Millenium ( directly north of Altair ) and next door is a huge art deco style former hotel ( I think it faces Bayswater Rd) which is only about 8 stories but has huge floor to ceiling heights.

·
Here
6,589 Posts
christarrant said:
I was up in Kings Cross at the weekend and noticed that there are two buildings directly east of the old Millenium Hotel tower ( recently converted to apartments) that are empty and gutted and seem to be in the process of being refurbed.
One is a 10-12 storey old communist grey looking office tower that sits right behind Millenium ( directly north of Altair ) and next door is a huge art deco style former hotel ( I think it faces Bayswater Rd) which is only about 8 stories but has huge floor to ceiling heights.
Actually that 10-12 story old grey building was part of the Millenium Hotel Tower. It used to be the main entrance to the hotel and also there was an overhead walkway linking the two buildings. They refurbished the apartment tower into The Zenith first and removed the walkway. Now that the apartments are done they are converting the smaller tower into offices.

The huge art deco building I think you are refering to is the Hampton Court Hotel which was to be converted into apartments but now is being converted to a 4-5 star hotel?

·
Registered
76,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
papervagina said:
Isn't AAPT unoccupied at the moment?
its being refurbed, some occupied floors,. will be full again after refurb.
this one in wentworth ave is permantely empty.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Ipggi said:
Actually that 10-12 story old grey building was part of the Millenium Hotel Tower. It used to be the main entrance to the hotel and also there was an overhead walkway linking the two buildings. They refurbished the apartment tower into The Zenith first and removed the walkway. Now that the apartments are done they are converting the smaller tower into offices.

The huge art deco building I think you are refering to is the Hampton Court Hotel which was to be converted into apartments but now is being converted to a 4-5 star hotel?
Cool, thanks.
You're right about Hampton Court - I couldn't remember it's name !! It's a great looking building.

·
Registered
76,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
years. lol another one i found is Nelson house in Clarence st. The 10storey former tallest in sydney has only first level occupied. the rest deserted.

·
Registered
76,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
another oldie empty. the 1914 scraper 279 Clarence st.sad

they seem to be alot of early highrise with small floorplates that tend to be empty

·
25,804 Posts
With small floorplates, they could be good to turn into residential

·
Registered
76,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes, would make a lovely resi tower. location is excellent.right near Town hall.

·
Here Since 2002
7,261 Posts
that's a popular thing in European cities, but isn't it more profitable to turn it into offices? that is, if someone will lease it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
What about the old Police HQ on College Street. Isn't that empty? I think it's at least 20 storeys. I can see it directly from my balcony. How do I add pictures on here?

·
skyscraper connoisseur
6,206 Posts
You put pic on an online server. Then you highlight the online link, then click the picture button. It will do it for you.

If you dunno how, i'll do it for you.

[email protected]

Send as an attachment.

·
spider inside my dreams
2,639 Posts
nitro2038 said:
What about the old Police HQ on College Street. Isn't that empty? I think it's at least 20 storeys. I can see it directly from my balcony. How do I add pictures on here?
Yeah, what's the deal with that place? It doesn't seem to have an signs up advertising space for lease; do the government have some special plans for it?

A few weeks ago, I saw an interview with some police guy that appeared to have been conducted in an office in that building (although I suppose it could have been the hotel next door).

·
Registered
61 Posts
papervagina said:
Yeah, what's the deal with that place? It doesn't seem to have an signs up advertising space for lease; do the government have some special plans for it?

A few weeks ago, I saw an interview with some police guy that appeared to have been conducted in an office in that building (although I suppose it could have been the hotel next door).
I've never seen any lights on in the building, nor any people coming and going. It also looks very unkept at ground level. Maybe you're right, the government might have plans, hence the reason it's sitting unused. Could be converted in to apartments, which would have amazing views over the park and towards the city.

·
Registered
76,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
found another.
82 sussex st
nice old warehouse

·
Registered
76,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
all of them still. in time they get snapped up for apartments or boutique office

1 - 19 of 19 Posts