Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Head Knockin' Forever
12,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent my last weekend in Istanbul.. So I had a chance to tour some parts of the city, and take some shots.

I had visited historical part of Istanbul in a one day tour, few years ago, but didn't had a chance to venture the modern Istanbul.. Well, this time I also had a small tour in historical peninsula but also Bosphorus, Şişli, Levent and so...

I must say Istanbul is so big and fantastic, seems like it has taken many serious steps for becoming a World City. Historical part was also in a pretty good condition, and city was clean.

Istanbul has thousands of faces, imo it has two souls, one is the historical peninsula and the other is the modern metropolis.

Although atmosphere of historical peninsula is strictly seperated from the remaining of the modern city, you can still have the feeling of being in a very important and historical city, even in modern parts, with countless Ottoman masterpieces splitted over the city.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Housing along the second row of Bosphorus, European Side between First Bridge and Sarıyer district beyond the Second Bridge.

First I want to start with the houses and apartments located along the Bosphorus. My time was limited therefore I took many of my pics in car.

These are the second row of houses and apartments located in Bosphorus, so they are not the most famous ones, therefore some of them are less known, maybe it is their first shots in the net.

I will also post some skyline views from my hotel, some Levent and Kanyon shots soon..

·
Head Knockin' Forever
12,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
View from my hotel..

It was nice eat my breakfast looking towards one of the best skylines of Europe and to the stadium of one the best teams of Europe :colgate: :colgate:

Levent & Gayrettepe with Ali Sami Yen Stadium (under renewal as the league is over)

Levent & Ali Sami Yen Stadium

Gayrettepe

Polat Residence & Bosphorus

Looking towards Taksim & Historical Peninsula (very far)

Hotel was pretty close to Şişli Cluster. The green building is Cevahir Mall (about 450,000m2, only one third of its seen in picture). I loved Cevahir btw, it is very big and high quality and has very good shops.

·
Head Knockin' Forever
12,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^Thanks. :)

You are right. There are shots from Bebek, I am not sure about Yeniköy, but probably it is also there. I started taking those shots after Bosphorus Bridge and continued few kilometers after passing Second Bridge.

·
Registered
667 Posts
^^Thanks. :)

You are right. There are shots from Bebek, I am not sure about Yeniköy, but probably it is also there. I started taking those shots after Bosphorus Bridge and continued few kilometers after passing Second Bridge.

Once you go passed bebek and the sabanci museum, then turn right at the traffic lights :)D) you're in yenikoy.

I remember these two buildings very well, close to a mini supermarket (Migros?)

·
Head Knockin' Forever
12,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^^ Yep, you are right :D It is Yeniköy, I took those after Sabancı Museum, the Atlı Köşk. I know the inner Bosphorus but I am not really good after second bridge. And when we returned those rows of nice houses were still going on, I used to think that they were limited to the central areas, but in reality Bosphorus line is so long.

·
Head Knockin' Forever
12,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks. :)

And I expect more photos from all of you, you are the ones living in Istanbul and I am the one making the last few updates of Istanbul as an Ankara citizen. :colgate:

·
Head Knockin' Forever
12,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
1 - 20 of 37 Posts